Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear rattle higher speed

DutchiQ

Hello fellow IQ drivers,

My little car has an annoying rattle inside the rear left interior. Not when driving around in the city at lower speed but only when I’m on the highway. First I thought it might be something on the exterior but I now think it’s from inside the body? Probably something is loose and the airflow makes it rattle? That’s what it sounds like anyway (almost like a piece of paper in the wind).

What can it be? And is it easy to remove the rear interior to check? I tried to find a YouTube video but I only can find videos of people removing the dashboard and door panels.

Can it be solved with minimal knowledge or should I go to a garage to fix it?

I had the same problem some 1-2 years ago. It was a loose rear wheel shield (mud stopper) due to a broken push-clip. Rattle occured at 30mph or higher. Replaced the clip and problem solved.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick response! I’ll check this for sure! Are these specific push-clips you are talking about? 

On 10/13/2024 at 11:51 AM, DutchiQ said:

Thanks for the quick response! I’ll check this for sure! Are these specific push-clips you are talking about? 

Kind of push-pin (black plastic) for 6mm hole, very common in interior car fittings. I got some from Amazon (Spanish https://www.amazon.es/dp/B0BWRCTHRR/?coliid=I1C04YLEGC5RUZ&colid=3GCTB7BM2Q8CC&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it) current price Euro 7.69.

If the mud guard is still in your car there must be at least one or two clips left in position, so you can check before buying. Use a thin flat head screwdriver to pry the central core out and pull the clip out.

Captura de pantalla_14-10-2024_204914_www.icloud.com.jpeg

Captura de pantalla_14-10-2024_204953_www.icloud.com.jpeg

Captura de pantalla_14-10-2024_205251_www.amazon.es.jpeg

Captura de pantalla_14-10-2024_21445_www.amazon.es.jpeg

• Like 1

It might be the air flaps on rear panel. If you have air recirculating they can rattle if you are driving at speed. Try turning off the recirculating. Worth a try

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links