Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 GRS rear seat belts

Paul1905

Another day, another question in week 2 of ownership. 2 questions with some context. 

- Does anyone know why the middle rear seat belt buckle is different to the other two?

- Does anyone know the trigger for the seat belt warning alarms?

Our dogs go in the backseat. We usually plug them into the seat belts BUT we do not have a buckle that fits the middle seat belt, it’s a different shape and has a ‘nick’ out of it. This means we have to plug the dogs into the outside seat belts which is fine, but they like to move and sit in the middle. Which then triggers the alarm mid drive. I have to buckle the middle up and its then tangle feet time.

if we isofix - we have to buckle all the seatbelts which is messy and they get their feet caught up here too. If we don’t buckle the alarms go off. You see the problem?

I presume you can’t turn these off and I can’t find the size and shape of the middle buckle online to buy a ‘blank’ buckle to plug in…

First world problems I know but I can’t be the first person with a dog to have this issue, can I?

Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

Your profile says that you have a CHR. I presume that you are talking about a RAV4 and your profile needs updating? Or do you have one of each? ... 😉

I can't help much with the actual issue, sorry ... 🙂

21 minutes ago, Paul1905 said:

Another day, another question in week 2 of ownership. 2 questions with some context. 

- Does anyone know why the middle rear seat belt buckle is different to the other two?

- Does anyone know the trigger for the seat belt warning alarms?

Our dogs go in the backseat. We usually plug them into the seat belts BUT we do not have a buckle that fits the middle seat belt, it’s a different shape and has a ‘nick’ out of it. This means we have to plug the dogs into the outside seat belts which is fine, but they like to move and sit in the middle. Which then triggers the alarm mid drive. I have to buckle the middle up and its then tangle feet time.

if we isofix - we have to buckle all the seatbelts which is messy and they get their feet caught up here too. If we don’t buckle the alarms go off. You see the problem?

I presume you can’t turn these off and I can’t find the size and shape of the middle buckle online to buy a ‘blank’ buckle to plug in…

First world problems I know but I can’t be the first person with a dog to have this issue, can I?

Thanks for reading!

I thought there was an option somewhere in the system to switch off the rear seatbelt warning, which I think is triggered by weight on the back seats. However, just skimmed the manuals and the only thing I can find is in the driver's display vehicle customisation settings regarding rear seats reminder. A warning which says you forgot your baby, dog, cat, cold, whatever.

On Reddit folks are saying it can only be disabled by the dealer or via an OBD device. Software setting.

An alternative might be to buy seatbelt adapters and male dummies. I think you can find them on eBay and Amazon.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, philip42h said:

Your profile says that you have a CHR. I presume that you are talking about a RAV4 and your profile needs updating? Or do you have one of each? ... 😉

I can't help much with the actual issue, sorry ... 🙂

One of each - but this is about the RAV4 GRS, hence the subject and posting in the RAV4 forum group……

I have found some dummy inserts but cannot find one to fit the middle seat, which looks similar but has a little nick out of the bottom!

3 hours ago, Nick72 said:

I thought there was an option somewhere in the system to switch off the rear seatbelt warning, which I think is triggered by weight on the back seats. However, just skimmed the manuals and the only thing I can find is in the driver's display vehicle customisation settings regarding rear seats reminder. A warning which says you forgot your baby, dog, cat, cold, whatever.

On Reddit folks are saying it can only be disabled by the dealer or via an OBD device. Software setting.

An alternative might be to buy seatbelt adapters and male dummies. I think you can find them on eBay and Amazon.

Thanks for this, appreciate it.

just commented above but dummies will

solve it but cannot find anything to fit this middle one. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links