Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CHR PHEV sensor failure

Louie

Today the car died on my drive so as to speak despite the fact I drive it nearly 20 miles on a daily basis. The very helpful AA man arrived promptly to tell me the Battery was dead and after he got the whole plot working asked if we could give the smaller Battery some charge by running the engine for an hour.  This process did not produce any results until I touched the power button with my key fob. So the final diagnosis was that the sensors have failed which allow manual operation of the doors ,rear power door and obviously the power button etc.  I am waiting with trepidation what will fail next and am not a happy bunny unless Toyota refund my taxi fare an expense I did not expect to be hit with today.

I will be interesting what Lister's say tomorrow watch this space for the next exciting episode. 

• Sad 2

49 minutes ago, Louie said:

... until I touched the power button with my key fob ...

That particular symptom might be indicative of the Battery in the key fob having failed. In which case, the car will not detect the key, and none of the keyless functions will work. That seems consistent with the symptoms you have described and at odds with the diagnosis of the AA man, but he will have arrived expecting to discover a flay 12V auxiliary Battery (so might simply have got confused).

The Battery in the key fob should last 4 or 5 years so shouldn't have failed at this stage but is very cheap and simple to replace.

You could always simply try the other key?

It will be interesting to hear what Listers have to say ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links