Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio issues

RHYSF00

Car- 2004 T3 corolla no modification all original/ factory standard parts

Issue. Got in car this morning then radio came on as normal then started flicking. Turned on my lights and it lights flicking. Drove like 0.3miles then the entire unit went off. No light nothing. No longer got a clock. 

Have noticed I had blocked drainage which flooded one side of farm this been resolved. 

Should I replace the radio which will cost £60 second hand from eBay and get my local garage to fit or go for brand new retrofit or let garage decide. Insurance has confirmed it won't class as a modification and it replacing a broken one. 

It's really your choice. Personally I would stay away from insurance as they will look for any reason to hike future premiums and keep it OEM. 

OEM radio has the pros of retaining the OEM look and including the trip computer data.

Aftermarket radio has the benefits of adding new capabilities like bluetooth and USB connectivity while potentially give you a slightly better sound (but you'd need to change Speakers too really).

BTW - where was the blocked drainage? What got wet?

2 minutes ago, APS said:

It's really your choice. Personally I would stay away from insurance as they will look for any reason to hike future premiums and keep it OEM. 

OEM radio has the pros of retaining the OEM look and including the trip computer data.

Aftermarket radio has the benefits of adding new capabilities like Bluetooth and USB connectivity while potentially give you a slightly better sound (but you'd need to change speakers too really).

BTW - where was the blocked drainage? What got wet?

My radio not hooked to trip milage only mpg data. I don't really want anything new as I want basic radio really with time on it and outside temperature. 

Drainage under wipers. Carpet was soaked

57 minutes ago, RHYSF00 said:

only mpg data. I don't really want anything new as I want basic radio really with time on it and outside temperature

That's what I meant. You'd lose both temp and MPG.

58 minutes ago, RHYSF00 said:

Drainage under wipers. Carpet was soaked

If it's just rainwater that has gone in the unit, it might spring back into life once dried out. But, it could also have fried itself and need replacing. Worth giving it a few days to dry if you can live without entertainment for that long. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, APS said:

That's what I meant. You'd lose both temp and MPG.

If it's just rainwater that has gone in the unit, it might spring back into life once dried out. But, it could also have fried itself and need replacing. Worth giving it a few days to dry if you can live without entertainment for that long. 

Unfortunately the radio helps me focus while driving. But I be using my phone for music 

• Like 1

I have resolved this and found it to be a faulty unit. Renews the entire section and fits soo much better. Lost 2 bolts though. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links