Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bad fuel consumption?

drGonzo

IMG-20241015-WA0001.thumb.jpg.4b3913f8cda3f5b296c1d782414c7fb0.jpg

Hello estima users. Is that consumption normal or way over average? I have 2013 AHR20 Estima Hybrid.  Any comments/suggestions from owners on here I would be truly grateful.  Thank you in advance for your answers.

The Estimas are not known for their good mpg, even the hybrid isn't much better than the normal 2.4 or even the V6 3L!

Apparently 7km/L is roughly 20mpg which is at the low-end of what I'd expect for the Estima, but if it's doing mostly urban/stop-start traffic driving that sounds about right.

On a motorway run they can allegedly get close to 40mpg, but that's about the max they can possibly get to without resorting to 'Heroic Measures' :laugh: 

To be fair it's essentially a big luxurious minibus with a petrol engine, so good mpg isn't something you could reasonably expect from it :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The intention of the hybrid version of the Estima was to lower emissions rather than improve economy.

• Like 2

Spot on! It's a shame as it could really have helped with urban use, but the electric motor and Battery just don't have the oomph to be useful so the engine runs practically all the time... :sad: 

• Like 1

Thank you for your comments.

I did my math in L/100km, MPG.....and those numbers scared me a little....i though that it is not possible and must be sth wrong with the car....I  called the dealer but the only math here 😉 is miles per tank ...so i need few days more....it doesn't look good imo and i don't like that ''which is at the low-end of what I'd expect for the Estima'' 😉... according to the dealer's presentation 😉

thanks all

4 hours ago, drGonzo said:

IMG-20241015-WA0001.thumb.jpg.4b3913f8cda3f5b296c1d782414c7fb0.jpg

Hello estima users. Is that consumption normal or way over average? I have 2013 AHR20 Estima Hybrid.  Any comments/suggestions from owners on here I would be truly grateful.  Thank you in advance for your answers.

7.1 x 4.54 = 32.2 mpg 

You can see my figures for the non hybrid on the thread under this one.

Running in choke on start up on a cold morning it takes about 10 minutes to get to 5 km/ litr (5 miles if your vehicle has been converted to mph.  It starts off at 1km/litr 😮  after longer runs it builds up as I said on the other thread. I use the bus for short journeys now I have any almost free bus pass.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links