Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022 excel or gr sport

ladyc

Help!! I've been looking for a toyota corolla for a while after being recommended them by the mechanic who fixes my car.  I currently have a 1.6 engine so I've been looking for a 1.8 and finally decided I like the white pearlescent bi tone.  I've been looking mostly for the excel model because it has the leather seats etc but I can't find one close to where I live the nearest is about a 4 hour drive and is a 2022 1.8.  I have found a white pearlescent bi tone gr sport close to where I live but it's a 2022 2.0 litre.  It has HUD which I like.  If I could get a 1.8 gr sport closer to home with low mileage and a 2022 I would be interested but I'm just worried the 2.0 would use alot more fuel.   Can anybody shine any light on pros and cons for both the excel and gr sport and apart from the obvious engine size difference on the gr sport 1.8 and 2.0.  I've also seen a 2023 gr sport new style which is about 3 hours away but it's not got the pearlescent paint but im thinking its a newer car for a similar price but then I read the newer ones don't have the HUD.  I'm pulling my hair out trying to decide 😫😫

43 minutes ago, ladyc said:

Help!! I've been looking for a toyota corolla for a while after being recommended them by the mechanic who fixes my car.  I currently have a 1.6 engine so I've been looking for a 1.8 and finally decided I like the white pearlescent bi tone.  I've been looking mostly for the excel model because it has the leather seats etc but I can't find one close to where I live the nearest is about a 4 hour drive and is a 2022 1.8.  I have found a white pearlescent bi tone gr sport close to where I live but it's a 2022 2.0 litre.  It has HUD which I like.  If I could get a 1.8 gr sport closer to home with low mileage and a 2022 I would be interested but I'm just worried the 2.0 would use alot more fuel.   Can anybody shine any light on pros and cons for both the excel and gr sport and apart from the obvious engine size difference on the gr sport 1.8 and 2.0.  I've also seen a 2023 gr sport new style which is about 3 hours away but it's not got the pearlescent paint but im thinking its a newer car for a similar price but then I read the newer ones don't have the HUD.  I'm pulling my hair out trying to decide 😫😫

You might get some ideas from this:

23 1.8 has more power than 22 and earlier so a little closer to 2.0 than older car. 

2.0 is generally about 5mpg worse than 1.8 but it all depends on how you drive and where you drive. 

Under some circumstances 2.0 can be more economical. 

Things to worry about on 2.0 are injectors, some have had issues. 

Isolated cases and Toyota generally sorts this out. 

Also 2.0 is a much more relaxing car to drive even at slower speeds and also under heavy loads. 

1.8 is a tryed and tested motor that has been used in prius for years and will do big mileage if looked after, things to look out for as they age will be EGR faults and head gasket failure, rare but not unheard of. 

Both cars are excellent. 

• Like 2

Thanks for your feedback.  Can I ask why you think the 2.0 is more relaxing than drive? Just wondering what the difference would be.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links