Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I did try my best to like it.

Chas G

20 years of brilliant Aygos and every model of excellent non hybrid Yaris....... and then I bought a hybrid Yaris Cross which was a mistake as I dont do enough mileage to keep the 12 volt Battery charged or justify the higher purchase costs. I also didn't find the seats comfortable and the road noise was a problem.

20231116_112953.thumb.jpg.53e995dead6d8a838bb880e59b7a16a7.jpg

Reluctantly after so many years of very happy motoring with Toyota, I bought a new Volkswagen TCross 1.5 tsi dsg R-line which I love.

It's quick and very comfortable and quiet even on the rubbish motorway surfaces near me.

Whether it will prove as reliable as my Toyotas is doubtful but it has a 3 year warranty and at my age I don't need to worry unduly about that.

20240926_142735.thumb.jpg.0c066654570d76ee36de76028300d0f3.jpg

I won't close the door on Toyota because by Yaris Cross "generation 5" they may have sound proofed it etc.

Thanks to every one for all the help you gave me over the last 12 months. 

Edited by Chas G
  • Like 6

Congratulations on the new car 🚙
A good choice and I am sure you will enjoy it . 
Toyota needs to think about problems they have indeed and fix those as they otherwise offers the best drive trains in not the very best packages. Batteries, road noise, corrosion issues, fuel injectors. 
Hybrids like evs not always the best choice, at least not for everyone. 
Many trouble free miles 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best wishes.

• Thanks 1

A Chr would have been an option, sticking a bigger capacity Battery in.  Even though you are leaving Toyota, you are still the no.1 guy in the 12v division. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

A Chr would have been an option, sticking a bigger capacity battery in.  Even though you are leaving Toyota, you are still the no.1 guy in the 12v division. 

I did consider a Chr but I couldn't live with the dark interior and poor visibility, particularly in the back. Unfortunately my head doesn't swivel through 180 degrees like the girl in the exorcist and it would only have been a matter of time until I reversed into something. Also the Chr was a bit  too big for my garage. Nice car though and much more comfortable and  quieter than the Yaris Cross.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links