Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Verso Drive belt

Pavster1980

Good afternoon all, virgin poster here having only just joined the group so please be gentle with me.

Our 2002 Avensis Verso threw the drive belt on Wednesday, I've sourced another using the reg number but just cannot make it fit. Having looked online a million times I'm now lost as to which belt I actually need!

It's a 2.0l VVTI (1AZ EF).

Every where seems to point to either a 1595 mm belt (way too short)or a 1920mm.

It just doesn't seem to want to go on with the adjust wheel pulled as far as it will go even though its nearly there. This makes me think the belt is too short.

The old belt has no codes or writing left on it so is of no use!

Looking for devine intervention if possible before I launch something through the windscreen!

20241018_133905.jpg

Hi and welcome. 
The belt you need is 90916-02490 7PK1973 Gates are the best one to buy, you can get from eBay
Here an website that you can use to find your car and engine and most parts numbers and locations. 
https://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota&mdf_id=1541&area=EU&cat=273540&blk_id=1605

Thanks for your help Tony

Rich

Not wanting to doubt the knowledge but having looked online at a few places they saying it's not compatible with the car, are you sure that's the one needed?

Rich

Screenshot_20241020_094105_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've been back down to where the car is abandoned and ran a piece of string round with route the belt takes. This was done with out pulling on the tensioner at all and the piece of string is Exeter 1920mm so I'm not sure on the 1975mm belt.

It's possible that there is more than one belt for your car.  Have you tried using a site that uses your reg No to search?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links