Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 noisy

Krisy

Hi! 

I was wondering about some weird noises lately about my RAV4 2018...

First of all, I want to say that my car was at regular maintenance two weeks ago, it was a big one, not only engine oil change. 

I always using auto stop-start system, but lately when I stop at red traffic light and press down brake pedal, engine shuts off with a clunky or popping sound coming from left side, and sometimes I can even feel it trought steering wheel. It's weird, cause it only happens with stop-start. Can't reproduce the sound when turning engine on/off. 

Another weird sound - when I turn right and apply brake together, there is a another clunky/popping sound coming from left front side of car. No any noise braking on straight line, only when turning right or very uneven surface braking. I guess it's brakes, but not sure...

As I said, two weeks ago I was at regular maintenance, they also checked car suspension and brakes, nothing wrong was found. Week ago I did an yearly car inspection to get a new permission to participate in road traffic, nothing wrong was found. 

So all these sounds makes me go crazy and wonder what's wrong again with my car... I don't want to bring my car again to dealer and pay them huge amount of money, cause I just was there for full service... 

I'm not sure that I can assist but it may help others if you specify:

• what engine and transmission you have
  • which side of the car the steering wheel is on (and which country you are in)
  • how long you have been experiencing this issue and whether it was evident before the service from two weeks ago

22 minutes ago, philip42h said:

I'm not sure that I can assist but it may help others if you specify:

• what engine and transmission you have
  • which side of the car the steering wheel is on (and which country you are in)
  • how long you have been experiencing this issue and whether it was evident before the service from two weeks ago

oh, sorry, forgot.

*I have 2.0 gasoline version, 112KW (151hp) and automatic CVT transmission.
*Steering wheel is on the left side, and I'm from Latvia.
*It's actually hard to tell, thought about it, but can't tell for 100%, I think noise when turning right and braking together was already there, but stop-start is quite new, but it's not happening all the time, so it's not easy to even reproduce it all the time. Tried to torque all 4 wheels, everything is tight. 

Can't even imagine how those noises are related, cause they didn't change anything from suspension or brakes, just did some brake cleaning, there was no need for brakes to change this time. Also there is no any dashboard lights coming on or stuff like that, just weird noises. 
Forgot to mention that, I was at dealer a week ago for front parking sensor change and mirror glass change (heating died), but it's not related to suspension or brakes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links