Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noco GC004 extension cable

152bobby

Ok,  I bought one of these cables to go with my Noco Genius 5.  But for the "ideal" position in my garage, I need a few feet more.

The question is, can I connect two GC004 together ?

I've sent a email to Noco asking this, but whose going to stick their neck out and say yes or no 😄

I use an Optimate charger when I charge the bike. I have used a 5m home made extension,  to extend the lead from the charger to the Battery, with no issues. Can't comment on the NOCO though.

2 hours ago, 152bobby said:

can I connect two GC004 together

If the plugs match (you can make a closed loop with one extender) then I don't see any reason why it would not work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hind said:

If the plugs match (you can make a closed loop with one extender) then I don't see any reason why it would not work. 

That's what I'm thinking, just wanted some input.  I will however wait to see the reply from Noco before I buy another extension.

From electric point of view you might charge the Battery with lower voltage than the charger thinks it's pushing because of the non zero wire and plug resistance. This effect is greater with higher currents but with these lengths and power I'd say it would be negligible 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hind said:

From electric point of view you might charge the battery with lower voltage than the charger thinks it's pushing because of the non zero wire and plug resistance. This effect is greater with higher currents but with these lengths and power I'd say it would be negligible 

And it's trickle charging, so that would be an issue.

Trickle charging uses very low current and doesn't push the voltage to the maximum so even when assuming enormous resistance of 0.1 ohm for the extender, 0.1A of current will result in drop of 0.01V 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links