Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CHR PHEV charger rain trap solution

Louie

This is something Toyota could have solved by establishing a drain hole at the bottom of the the charger socket. I am getting fed up constantly having to mop up the puddle of water in the socket (see pic). The image was acquired after I had mopped a much larger puddle in the socket.

I don't have the luxury of a being able to stuff my CHR into the garage at present as its full of "junk" at present.

The good news is you can purchase a waterproof conical hood for about £9 to drape over the socket. The hood can be stuck magnetically to the bodywork above the socket (see pics). I have only just taken delivery so about to try it out and will keep members informed. Item can be purchased on Amazon however there are many variants so caution is advised so don't purchase the first offering you see.

socket 1.jpg

cover 3.jpg

cover 2.jpg

cover 1.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Louie said:

I am getting fed up constantly having to mop up the puddle of water in the socket (see pic)

Sad to see C-HR having same problem as other models. I have Volvo XC60 T8 and I'm experiencing similar issue. However, I decided to leave it alone. The housing of the socket is made out of hard, waterproof plastic. It will be fine. And if it's not, and water causes some damage, then this should be sorted out under warranty claim, am I right?

By the way this condom looks awful. 😄

Hi Piorunz there is nothing to stop the sockets getting waterlogged with water condensate from the water pool inside the socket and I am not talking about a couple of drops. The least Toyota should have done is included an additional cover for the actual socket or built a drain hole. Electricity and water is never a good combo what were Toyota thinking ?😖

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links