Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

You couldn't make it up.....

Dm800

So, give my wife and her friends to an 80s party last night. Unknown to me when they got in,one of her friends wore a skirt that has literally glitter bombed my car...fuming is putting in mildly. There is bits of tiny glitter everywhere. I'm going to be hoovering for eternity. Anyone got any other suggestions...lint rollers etc... 🤬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Can't help you with hoovering I'm afraid. Maybe don't let questionable 80s in glitter attire into your car next time 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lint rollers,packing tape,duct tape. or the easiest solution ask your wife to take the car round to her friends to clean it. Showing her the mess might shock her into saying " oh no I'm so sorry I will clean it immediately" well you can only hope.😂

• Like 3

Is it easier to blow it out if your vac has a blow setting? 

9 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Is it easier to blow it out if your vac has a blow setting? 

It is confined mostly to seats...blowing likely to see it fill every nook and cranny.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dm800 said:

It is confined mostly to seats...blowing likely to see it fill every nook and cranny.

I can sympathise. Similar stuff has happened to me in the past. Although worse on one occasion when one of the daughters friends decided to get out the car before I had stopped and parked up. New AMG. Door edge took a wing mirror off her neighbours car. Put a scratch on the paint on mine. Fortunately it buffed out such is the hardness of German paints. But fuming is not sufficient to describe it. Why the f get out of a moving car?

Celetape wrapped around your hand. Sticky surface facing outwardly obviously 😂.

Pad down the seats gently. It will stick to your sticky mit.

Alternatively, pay for a valet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dm800 said:

So, give my wife and her friends to an 80s party last night. Unknown to me when they got in,one of her friends wore a skirt that has literally glitter bombed my car...fuming is putting in mildly. There is bits of tiny glitter everywhere. I'm going to be hoovering for eternity. Anyone got any other suggestions...lint rollers etc... 🤬

All i can say from working in a school that had an art teacher who loved glitter you will think you have cleaned it all up and then get in the next day and find more and that will go on forever.😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My other half is a crafter, cards etc. so I’m used to glitter, sequins turning up in all sorts of unexpected places.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MC1216 said:

All i can say from working in a school that had an art teacher who loved glitter you will think you have cleaned it all up and then get in the next day and find more and that will go on forever.😄

Could be worse you could take your real Christmas tree to the tip and still have pine needles in your car 7 years later 😂

• Haha 2

Henry can help. Just attach the brush end and it will suck them all. 
I am surrounded by girls all the time, lucky man will call it 😅, but the car it’s not so much. It has all sort of make up , glitter and the similar all over the interior and door handles outside.  The worst things are some lipsticks 💄 that are almost impossible to remove from plastics, it’s like fused with them. 
All suggestions above will work and a simple but very useful method is slightly damp microfibre cloth, this is magic. For making it wet best solution is antibacterial cleaner spray by Dettol, this works great on all interior, actually better than anything specially made for cars and it’s safe on all leather, plastics etc. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links