Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fault P252F,Engine oil level; too high

Sylke Schuhmacher

Hi

I've aquired this

TOYOTA YARIS

Hatchback 1.4 D-4D Icon Plus (2014/14)

on 2.10.2024.

yesterday (after around 20 minutes driving on the M54) the spanner on the dash lit up amber.

I called out the RAC (I know nothing about cars 🫣) who told me this error code: P252F,Engine oil level; too high and towed it to a garage specified by the sellers (IWE Motors) to be looked at on Monday (see what they come back with I guess 🤨)!

I’ve been reading up a lot about it and I’m now thinking to tell the dealer to have the car back (refund) as it is not fit for purpose!

The failed regen with the system potentially adding fuel to the oil and causing fault P252F,Engine oil level; too high really sounds scary (and unavoidable) to me and I’m afraid it’ll potentially ruin the engine, leaving me with an unaffordable bill…

I am afraid that this thing will keep happening even anfter having been put right and will potentially cost me a fortune I can’t afford after the 3 month warranty will lapse? 😬🤢

I mainly go to and from work (approximately 15 min), with the odd stretch of motorway every 1-2 weeks

What are people thinking? 🧐 

Modern diesel do not like short trips and will make oil and will have DPF issues, IMHO a diesel doesn't really suit your needs

I’ve been driving a 2011 1.4 TDI VW Polo for the past 10 years. It had a DPF I needed to clear at times, but no problems like this!

Why is it so different?

36 minutes ago, Sylke Schuhmacher said:

Why is it so different?

Since dieselgate I wouldn't like to guess how VW have their filters arranged 😱

But I'm surprised that a 2014 D-4D is still problematic. The DPFs were a problem when introduced in about 2009 with this issue reported often, but I'd have thought after 5 years they'd have it sorted. 

Probably best to give it back if you can. A petrol car would be a better bet and for such low use any difference in fuel costs will be minimal.

I’m going to have to wait until the garage has looked at it I guess, see what reason they will come back with.

Might pop into Toyota to ask their mechanics when I have it back 🤔

Personally I’m surprised to find this is an issue, but then again, I know nothing about cars 🤷‍♀️ 

It is a nice drive while it’s working…

I’ve got 11 days to possibly tell them I want to return it (under the consumer rights act: not fit for purpose), but what do I change it for…wich older car is without problems…and would I trust that dealer again? 🤯

it could have been sitting a while and not driven far, to clear the code it needs an oil and filter change

If the car made oil in a short period since its last oil change, the car has an issue, it's a 10 year old car you do not know how it has been treated

The garage definitely advertised it since the end of May this year, so I guess you are right that it’s been sat there a while (and I don’t know how it’s been treated 🥺 there was PIP tax on it last).

I hope it’s a simple fix like that, because I do like the car! 🤞🏻

Then treat it to Shell V-power diesel, service when needed and occasionally give it a longer spin on the motorway (although it had 2 of those in the 18 days I’ve had it, and showed that fault after one of those trips 🤯)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links