Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid 4 v hybrid 5

Ian saunders

From reading on here I understood that a quick way to tell a late mk4 against mk5 was that the sat nav screen had two circular dials on the mk4 and none on a mk5, however have seen a 2l with one dial on the left of screen advertised as 193 bhp could this be right? 

193 should be gen 5, motor is the same but electric motor is more powerful 

Gen5 hybrids has larger fully digital screen for the dashboard instruments and larger infotainment screen. 
If you in doubt about a particular car you can share the pictures and we can confirm. 

Checked pictures again screen looks smaller and rev counter on left in binnacle in a curved arc, so looks to me like gen 4

When I was looking for a gen 5 1.8 there were loads about, even at main dealers, that were showing as gen 5 cars with the higher horsepower but were actually gen 4’s when I checked in more detail. 

the infotainment screen is what I used to check quickly when looking at photos of the cars. Without the two dials was a gen 5 so a quick way. Many were listed with the wrong horsepower. 

Agreed the confusion being the one advertised has one dial on left for volume and advertised as 193bhp, how can they get this wrong with their own cars 

18 minutes ago, Ian saunders said:

Agreed the confusion being the one advertised has one dial on left for volume and advertised as 193bhp, how can they get this wrong with their own cars 

Perhaps on purpose to fool uninformed people and sell for more money or might be as a software glitch, late registered cars to be passed as gen 5.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links