Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T27 DRL modification

lm3915

Hello! I've been trying to find any information on this topic for quite some time (unsuccessfully), perhaps any of you will have some input. The thing is - I have a 2010 Avensis T27 without separate factory DRL bulbs imported from Scandinavia, therefore headlights are always on, regardless of the position of the lights switch (either "0" or "ON", they are always on while the engine is running. On "Parking lights" mode only side lights are on). I would like to install aftermarket DRL bulbs, but it is quite difficult to do so when headlights stay on all the time. 

My question is - is there any way to disable headlights on "0" position of the headlight switch? I've found a video on YouTube with Techstream options listed for an identical car, and there were no such things as DRL in any of the modules to change. I even contacted a local dealer and they said it is a normal behavior of the car and there is nothing they can do about it. Some time ago I've found a post about a similar year Prius from Scandinavia and they managed to re-program it using IT2 at the dealer - lights were no longer on in the "0" position. If programming my Avensis is not an option - is there any module I can change which would help with that?

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links