Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Constant Beeps when exit / lock Car 2024 CHR

PAISLEY1903

Driving me crazy this.

Everytime we switch the car off a warning sign comes up.. something about check seats.   It says press OK to mute..  Do it and it comes on every time.

On exit car and lock it..  Get multiple Loud beeps as if car is warning me something isn't right..  

I can't for the life of me work out how to 1) disable that seat warning sign 2) stop the car telling me something isn't right when its fine!

HELP! before I make an episode like faulty towers when I take a tree branch to it !

• Haha 1

It's the crotch goblin reminder - allegedly it can be permanently disabled but you need to plug in via OBD port to do it.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PAISLEY1903 said:

Driving me crazy this.

Everytime we switch the car off a warning sign comes up.. something about check seats.   It says press OK to mute..  Do it and it comes on every time.

On exit car and lock it..  Get multiple Loud beeps as if car is warning me something isn't right..  

My car does exactly the same Craig. I switch the car off and get the beeps and message. I lock the car, get the beeps, look through the window and there is a message telling me to check the seats. Why it tells me to check the seats before and after I lock the the car is anybodys guess. Having said that, it does not give me the warning every time I lock the car, probably 7 out of ten times. Something I will mention when it goes in for its first service.

Just noticed Craig, your profile is showing Rav4 2021 - I presume you are talking about the C_HR as per the thread title?

Edited by dannyboy413
added a bit

Go into the MyToyota app. Then account, notifications, and turn off rear seat reminder. 

Note. It only turns off the alerts. Not the beeps. If you open the rear door at the start of a journey but don't open it at the end of the journey, it will beep to remind you that you haven't checked the back seat (presumably to ensure you haven't left a child or animal in there on a hot day) . If the rear doors aren't opened at the start of the journey, then it won't beep when you lock the car at the end of the journey

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links