Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C-HR 2023 (old model) - security question

Jeff24M

Hi

Very happy with my recent purchase of a used C-HR 1.8 Design (2023 old shape).  

A number of cars have been reported stolen in my area recently (probably not unique to this area, outskirts of London), so looking for best way to enhance security.  Already added a Stoplock to the steering wheel and storing car keys in a signal blocking wallet, but wondering about a ‘ghost immobiliser’ to decrease chances of car being stolen?  Any experience of this?  Any model recommendations?  Better than bollards for the driveway?  Any further suggestions?

Completely aware that nothing will fully eliminate the risk.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Gen 2 are not able to be stolen with can bus attack and key goes to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity. Someone will correct me if wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Gen 2 are not able to be stolen with can bus attack and key goes to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity. Someone will correct me if wrong. 

You're not wrong ... but Jeff is talking about a 2023 Gen 1 ... 😉

Toyota claim that the vulnerability was resolved in production around October 2022, so a 2023 car should not be vulnerable to CANbus attack anyway.

A gaily coloured Stoplock as a visible deterrent is probably the best thing to add to discourage attention in the first place.

• Like 1

Ghost while it would stop the vehicle being driven away, it won't stop the damage the thieves do gaining entry.

FWIW - The list of vehicles Toyota originally said on the security statement which are known to be vulnerable to CAN invader theft method doesn't seem to match what customers report back have actually been stolen 🤔

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links