Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does my wifes Yaris have tyre pressure monitoring?

sproutdreamer

It is a 67 Icon Tech Hybrid. On the one hand the tyre pressure valves look to be the pressure detection ones on the other hand on flicking through the settings options I cannot find any sight of pressure settings etc also the RESET button shown in the Yaris User Guide, down to the left of the wheel is absent.

Apart from wanting to know how things work I need to get a 4 tyres fitted and I am not sure that local tyre co will have the Toyota PMS valves to fit. The cost difference between the Toyota Dealer and the local guy tyre for tyre is about £120 on the 4 tyres so I wish to go local if possible.  The handbook also says the individual valves need the ID,s inputing to the car system by a dealer as well as initiallising the tyre pressure setting, another complication.

I bought the car thinking it had TPMS, am I missing something here?

The gen3 doesn't have individual display indicator in the dash, just a low pressure warning light. The reset button is around the driver's knee position. Get tyres from the local tyre place is fine. 

I had a 2019 icon tech hybrid and it had TPMS as Mojo says it doesn’t show pressures just a low pressure warning. The reset button is a bit difficult to find as it’s right down underneath on the left hand side of the steering wheel.  

34 minutes ago, sproutdreamer said:

the RESET button shown in the Yaris User Guide, down to the left of the wheel is absent.

Assuming it's the same as mine the button is mounted in the floppy bit of trim roughly above your right foot. Grovel with a torch job. You just make sure the tyres are all correctly inflated and then press it for some time - see the book.

34 minutes ago, sproutdreamer said:

not sure that local tyre co will have the Toyota PMS valves to fit. The cost difference between the Toyota Dealer and the local guy tyre for tyre is about £120 on the 4 tyres so I wish to go local if possible.  The handbook also says the individual valves need the ID,s inputing to the car system by a dealer

It will only need them if they damage one, in which case they will be the ones to sort it out. Good idea to do a reset after getting new tyres fitted, especially if the wheels go back in different places, but they don't need re-IDing.

Thanks guys that is really helpful.

My 2015 car has it.   I think it's a legal requirement, and has been since before my car was built.

2014 tpms was made a requirement it just a light on the dash on the Mk3, although the sensors have full function

new tyres no need to touch the valves unless they are leaking or the batteries are low

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links