Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Well Done Toyota Dealer

sproutdreamer

I had an MOT done the other day at Snows Honiton and I was sat in the reception downing lots of coffee by the reception desk. In the past I have had bad experiences with dealerships so am pretty cynical about garages in general and my previous Toyotas I have always self serviced so it was a new experience for me.

Over the hour and a quarter I was there I was totally impressed with the way the reception staff dealt with a number of customers particularly not wanting to jump in and suggest expensive repairs. The staff seemed very keen to mitigate the cost to the customer and engage with them to the customers satisfaction. Typical was a guy with a faint noise around the water pump&  timing area. Rather than suggesting a water pump/timing chain or bearing replacement he very patiently explained that they could start replacing parts which would be expensive but it was better to let the noise develop a bit so they could be sure to replace the right part. Good advice and pretty ethical.

I was also impressed that they washed the car after testing.

• Like 11

Always good to hear about a good dealer.

• Like 3

Good dealers enhance ownership so credit to those that do the job well.👍

• Like 2

I always like to think that are more good official dealers out there than there are bad ones...

That's been my experience after owning a variety of Toyotas over the last 18 years and living in 3 different areas of the UK (including Scotland).

• Like 5

Very true. In my opinion, as consumers, we are usually quick to complain about poor dealers but slow to praise good ones.

• Like 7

Agree Big D, I have a great dealer in Burrows Toyota Barnsley and can't praise them enough. A good dealer gives you confidence to be a repeat customer and now, even though I might consider other makes of car I find myself thinking but does a different dealership match my current one? I keep coming back to a Toyota, cars I trust, and a dealer that seems to value my custom. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chazbri said:

Agree Big D, I have a great dealer in Burrows Toyota Barnsley and can't praise them enough. A good dealer gives you confidence to be a repeat customer and now, even though I might consider other makes of car I find myself thinking but does a different dealership match my current one? I keep coming back to a Toyota, cars I trust, and a dealer that seems to value my custom. 

Totally agree. I’ve bought my last 3 Toyotas from the same dealership. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chazbri said:

Same local dealer as me. No problems with service, but I found them a bit greedy when it came to negotiating a sale. I bought my car from John Roe Scun-thorpe, for a far better deal.

PS this profanity filter is really poor. It should recognise word boundaries and I shouldn't have to hypthenate a town name to circumvent censorship.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links