Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IQ Odometer

nevica

Hello,

Unfortunately, one of my LED on the instrument panel has stopped working (the left indicator). 

It is cheaper to swop out the complete instrument panel from a breakers yard than to locate and fix the LED or resistor which might be the problem.

The new instrument panel I install will have a different mileage than my car. My question is does the instrument panel pick up the mileage from the ECU there the correct mileage will be shown on the odometer opr is it not as simple as that?

Thanks, any help most appreciated.

FWIW - I've not done a gauge cluster swap on an iQ but I'm 90% sure the ODO will stay the same. This information is stored in the ECU, not the display unit. Some cars raise an alert or error to show the mileage may have been tampered with, which then needs to be reset (the flag, not the mileage). Not heard of this happening on Toyotas though.

Thank-you, most helpful.

So I can swop in a new instrument cluster and the correct odometer reading will be read from the ECU?

Where is the ECU in an IQ by the way?

Mileage is stored in the cluster on an EEPROM (93xxx iirc) it is also stored in the ECU independently

you can swap the EEPROM, but at that point just fix the LED

have you checked the 12v on pin 1 (pink) of the 16 pin connector

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links