Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple CarPlay won't work on my new Yaris Premiere

whipitonce

I can't get my iPhone 13 to work with my new 74 reg Yaris HEV.

I can connect it with bluetooth and use it to play music and my iPhone calls but when I use the option for CarPlay 

See attached pictures,  Pic1.. is when my phone is connected to just median and phone.pic1.thumb.jpeg.acfb691818951f6aa6c3a0b55b8e7c78.jpeg

pic2.thumb.jpeg.f727dafc76ebd796fdb10885e450cd8d.jpegpic3.thumb.jpeg.500cd594afd4fbbc3a615f9dd572c57a.jpeg

Pic2...is when I select the CarPlay option and Pic3 is the error and a few moments later it says the status of my I phone

is disconnected.

Before I  go back to the dealer I was wondering if this is a known problem.

17 minutes ago, whipitonce said:

I can't get my iPhone 13 to work with my new 74 reg Yaris HEV.

I can connect it with bluetooth and use it to play music and my iPhone calls but when I use the option for CarPlay 

See attached pictures,  Pic1.. is when my phone is connected to just median and phone.pic1.thumb.jpeg.acfb691818951f6aa6c3a0b55b8e7c78.jpeg

pic2.thumb.jpeg.f727dafc76ebd796fdb10885e450cd8d.jpegpic3.thumb.jpeg.500cd594afd4fbbc3a615f9dd572c57a.jpeg

Pic2...is when I select the CarPlay option and Pic3 is the error and a few moments later it says the status of my I phone

is disconnected.

Before I  go back to the dealer I was wondering if this is a known problem.

Try to rename your phone to something shorter. There have been issues with phone names containing special characters and multiple spaces for other services.

have you tried all the obvious things first.

1) remove any devices from the car that are link to your account on the car

2) rebooted the iPhone

Also what version of iOS are you on

Also is your phone WiFi turned on as this is what it uses for car play instead of Bluetooth 

Same here! Save yourself a lot of hassle and just get in touch with your dealer.

We picked up new Yaris Cross at beginning of June - CarPlay working as we left showroom. Two weeks later en route to Cornwall, stopped off at services and CarPlay wouldn't engage. I'm not an IT novice so was able to trouble shoot all the usual things - some already mentioned here - also pairing and unpairing etc. After a month of intermittent success I got fed up, contacted my dealer and they asked me in to do all the things I'd already done and promised to contact Toyota. Three weeks later I asked for an update and listened to typical dealer waffle (translated meaning: we hoped you would just go away and plug your phone in). Invited back in for them to test and came to same conclusion - it's the bluetooth Connection!! Or lack thereof. 

I am due in early next week for firmware/software update which I hope will enable me to get connected. I'll let you know!

Don't be fobbed off - if it doesn't work - take it in and get it sorted! 

Regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links