Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T-Sport MK1 intake manifold -- possible upgrade

brothermatt

Hi guys!

First of all, I'd like to say that it's nice to be here!

Okay, a little backstory before going in to the question itself:

I bought myself a little project car a little while back for a steal (compared to the prices these t-sports are going in my country with this mileage -- under 100k), I did a complete service with all fluids, belts, filters etc to start it's life with me right. Now after driving it a while, running great, I popped the bonnet and checked everything and noticed fresh-ish looking black residue around the intake manifold gasket. I'm about the replace the gasket in the coming days.

Now for the question, and please don't tell me i'm a noob, because I know that and kind of bought this car to learn working on cars. I plan to keep this for the next 15 years and build something great out of this when my son grows up 😄

Question: Since I'm replacing the gasket and taking the manifold off, I was thinking of replacing the manifold at the same time. I'm having a very hard time finding parts that would be more-or-less bolt on to the 1nz-fe in the mk1 t-sport, you know, with the cable throttle body and such. Also, does this things ECU learn new parts or should I always go get this tuned (piggyback) if changing parts that would affect air-fuel-mixture?

Thanks all!

There is no point in changing the intake unless you're going to change the exhaust, injectors and remap the ecu - piggyback ecus do have there limitations

the intake is fine up to 150-160 bhp (T-sport turbo or supercharged) if you go ITB from the likes of Genvey there are custom manifolds

All T-sports, are Japanese built

@flash22 If I plan on doing those later down the line, would it be even worth considering at this point? Or should I wait and get all of them at the same time? For example I was already looking at performance exhaust (incl. manifold) as the current pipe is fairly well rusted and I did already some emergency fixes, like welded on a few pieces of new pipe. But it's still pretty bad and I do have to change it out in the near future. Interestingly enough, this car is otherwise almost completely rust free. Only the exhaust has been taking a beating.

Or maybe I'll get to know my new baby, keep it in mint condition for a few years and think about getting performance parts later.

I'd do that, leave it stock and just look after it - Stock ones are rarer and more valuable (At least over here!), as mods tend to make them a bit marmite.

Most people mod them more for handling, although there were turbo and supercharger kits out for them back in the day. Very hard to source now though!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links