Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service schedule (Hybrid) - buying advice

stuffandblah

I've been shortlisting a few second hand hybrid RAV4s, 2019-2020, and would appreciate some guidance please...
The mileage of these cars is what I would consider on the higher end, e.g. 90,000-100,000 miles, so will be either near to end of warranty or expired.

One of these cars has x5 full Toyota services, which sounds pretty good, but seems a tad low considering I thought this engine would have a service schedule of every 10,000? Should I be looking for better serviced examples?

I know from previous experience VAG cars can be serviced with long-life oil, which can go 20,000 miles, but wasn't entirely sure about Toyota.

Is there any advice for determining the overall lifespan of the Battery prior to purchasing a hybrid, or am I just better off buying from an approved Toyota dealer and paying a premium?

Toyota servicing is 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. No leeway. No schedule for long life servicing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These cars should probably have had 2 services a year so should be showing around 10 services. Out of interest what sort of money are people expecting to get for a 2019 90-100k miles?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ROCKETRON said:

These cars should probably have had 2 services a year so should be showing around 10 services. Out of interest what sort of money are people expecting to get for a 2019 90-100k miles?

That's what I would have thought. I'd rather get a well serviced one with higher miles if possible.

I'm typically looking at around £16,000-£17,500.

• Like 1

Yeah, looks like they were servicing every year instead of by the mileage.

Cars'll still probably be okay but it would be a good haggling point.

Hybrid traction batteries have proven to be pretty robust and long-lived. Not sure about the one in the RAV4 but the Yaris and Auris ones are about the cost of a dealer clutch job, so a lot, but not earth shattering. Probably the thing you need to worry about the least TBH!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links