Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New tyres

Tomv

My winter tyres that came with Corolla started to slip on wet surfaces even at low speed and although they are not worn out at all  and became dangerous. Friendly warning here - Nokia  WR snowproof eko, the worst tyres I have ever had. They are hard as a rock, uncomfortable, noisy… The only positive thing about them is that they still have 6mm tread even though the last 2 years I drove them in summer too. That is probably the eko think - they last forever but are unusable.

I switched to all season tyres and it’s huge improvement. Much less noise, they hold the grip very well and the biggest difference is in comfort.

I thought that my Corolla had hard suspension but it was caused by the tyres. Now with the new tyres it feel like different car.

• Like 2

Here in the UK they supply the cars with summer tyres, but from another cheap brand, Falken. Disappointing to see an OEM skimping on such important parts.

• Like 1

I got two OEM sets of tyres for my Corolla  , summer Falkens and winter Nokian. The Falkens were the same quality like Nokian. I didn’t use them for last two years because I didn’t see any difference between the two of them. When there was 28C and more the winter Nokian became a bit softer and less noisy so I prefer them for summer and also for winter. If I knew how bad they where I would sell them and buy the all season right away. The Falken are Sincera SN832B eko, if you would like to know what you should avoid.

• Like 1

I replaced mine with Bridgestone Turanza 6 Enlighten which are excellent. Great dry and wet grip where the Hankooks it had on previously would slip whilst pulling away from a stop at 1/2 throttle I'm the damp. I'm considering winter tyres for a road trip around France over Xmas but haven't settled on anything yet. 

• Like 1

Tyres are ultra important for any car. 
The problem you and many might have experience with tyres does not comes from the tyre brands but the models. Two words needs to be avoided when looking for tyres in general and particularly hybrids - “eco” and “sport”. Usually a good tyres choice no matter sizes are summer  touring types like Goodyear efficient grip performance 2, or all season tyres like Goodyear vectors 4 seasons gen3. And anything similar. I gave Goodyear examples as these are currently my favourite ones., I believe best quality price and longevity ratio. Other brands  in similar categories will do similarly so pick the right type and performance tyres and choose the brand you like. 👌

• Like 1

I agree that it is the “eco” that makes these tyres so bad. I think that the compound that they are made of is extra hard , so they should have lower friction, which should lead to lower gas consumption. But so far I don’t see any consumption change with the new tyres.

I was considering to buy Michelin crossclimate 2 or Goodyear vector 4. Acording to reviews the first one is more like summer tyre and the second one is more like winter tyre, but in the end I bought Continental all season contact 2, which sits somewhere in the middle of these two.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links