Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Got My Fcd Today :d

EmR2T

OK - I just taken delivery of a TRL performance FCD and was wondering what position I should set the two dials at: http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/TRL/vfcc_settings.jpg

I am going to increase the boost to 15psi so I assume a fuel cut of 16psi is correct - and if so what voltage setting would this be?

Also - what exactly is the overboost threshold setting and where should I set that?

Cheers :)

Ok - think I have sussed ot out.

At first I was under the impression that with the two variable options: fuel cut and overboost - that I was to set the fuel cut level to a voltage that equated to 15psi. (wasn't exactly sure what the overboost was doing)

But I have since realised (correctly?) that I need to set the fuel cut to somewhere around 4.2 volts which is very slightly less than 12psi.

Then I use the overboost setting to set a new fuel cut limit - say around 4.9 volts for just below 17psi.

Is this correct? I assume that if I had an fcd with just the one setting for fuel cut that it would be set around the 4.2volt/12psi level and would essentially remove the fuel cut completely - thus the need for setting the overboost threshold?

Tell me if I am completely wrong please :)

Come on guys - at least make something up if you aren't sure :)

Hi EmR2T

Sorry mate. I would love to help you but i dont know :censor: about boost mate. I will be getting a rev 3 in the next 3 weeks or so. Perhaps once I've got one i might be of some help to you mate. Sorry :crybaby:

jerry!!

Been a while since I did the fcd thing on a Gen II but what your saying rings bells. Just try it....carefully of course, also what type of boost control are you using?? mbc or ebc?? your really going to want your fuel cut to be 2-3 psi over what you set your boost at assuming it's a mbc.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

my fcd had one screw, using a volt meter i had to set it too 2400 ohms which in the instructions should give a fuel cut at 16 psi as i have my grainger valve set to allow 15 psi boost. Stock fuel cut is 12 psi i thought???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links