Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Onboard Computer Info

Imolarot667

Hi everybody!!

I have just buyed a Yaris 1.3 5p Sol. I was looking for some extra information about the car I have found this impressive forum. Congratulations.

My question: I would be pleased to know if the Yaris OBC has secret functions like my BMW: oil temperature, Battery volts, etc...

Thank's in advance

Hi, and welcome to the club.

The Yaris is equipped with OBD-2 and works like every other OBD-2 system, nothing really secret about that.

Cheers, Yves.

Thank's for answering...

Sorry: I would clarify my question.

In the BMW-E46 series, by pressing down the partial trip reset button you can access a lot of test functions and info from the ECU: oil temp, air intake temp, Battery volts, etc.

Is there any way to obtain that kind of information in the Yaris OBD panel? I'm specially interested in oil/ref temperature, in order to see when (and what is) the car reaches the optimun engine-service temp.

Thanks again.

Did you know that the difference between the speedo's reported speed and the actual calculated speed at the ECU is 7%!

You do now, thanks to the wonder of the OBDII!

Did you know that the difference between the speedo's reported speed and the actual calculated speed at the ECU is 7%!

ah SR,

how's the new toy going :thumbsup: .

What software are you running?

Cheers, Yves.

I haven't already checked the precision of the speedo of the Yaris.

By using a PDA-GPS I have realized that, maintaining the speed using the tempomat in the BMW, the analog speed display has an absolute error of about 4%. The digital speedo shows the same than the GPS. I'm confident with it, because I've tried it at different speeds, even over 200 Kms/h :eek: , obtaining the same speed measures from both.

More over, every day I drive through 2 fixed-police-radars mantaining a speed of 135 Km/h at motorway (GPS-digital display) and the don't bust me (they bust you at speeds over 140 Km/h)

Cheers, Greg.

Having bother with software actually, all the cool stuff only works with specific adaptors, not my generic eBay unit :(

Got ONE piece working at the moment, but it doesn't log... Am on 56k too, which doesn't help... I'm working through the options...

SR, are you using one of the ELM based interfaces?

Are those not for or VPW or PWM or ISO, rather than compatible with all protocols in one?

Could it be you have a non-ISO compatible interface?

Cheers, Yves.

It was sold to me as ISO compatible... I think it is... it's an elm 323 processor (i've had it to bits already! ;) )

The thing is that all three use the same IC, from what I know the differences are in the programming on the IC and a different layout of the board, also one has different LED's than the other. Did it come with a troubleshooting guide, when you connect to the OBD bus the LED's will blink in a certain pattern if the protocols aren't compatible.

Cheers, Yves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links