Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Slammin' Time!

Demonic Angel

Unfortunately not what you guys are thinking!

I'm back btw - bigger and better and in the form of Jessica Rabbit now - Liz was tiring a little bit from all the publicity! :D

Anyway, slammin' I mean in the form of having to SLAM my passenger door to shut it! Otherwise it wont shut! Luckily I dont have many passengers so its not a huge deal for me but it is when I do have passengers!

I have a 3 door 2004 Yaris T-Spirit (as if y'all didnt know!) and its something thats been bugging me for a while! Could it be I dont use the door enough and its sticking a bit?

Does anyone else have a similar problem - ie is it supposed to be like that or should I get her sent off to Mr T for a warranty repair?

Ta muchly! :thumbsup:

sounds like the door hinge needs a bit of positional adjustment

easily done by ya local grease monkey

It's dark out and I'm tipsy...so I'm not going to check.

but..the usually problem hear is not the actual door but the door catch on the pillar.

You'll notice that it there's a couple of allen? ( again dunno without checking) bolts that hold it in place. If if you have to slam it chances it the catch has been pushed back..slacken it off...and bring it in a touch, then re-tighten.

Or perhaps the Yarii are totally different....always been like that on my other motors.

Vipes.

Both doors should be the same really, whether you use them or not.

Get it sorted by Toyota under warranty. Like Rob said, it's an easy job, so it shouldn't take long to get sorted.

Rich

Before you do anything try this...

Open the widow/s and see if the door shuts without having to slam it.

I have this problem to a degree, caused by the air in the car not being able to escape when I close the door. With the sunroof open or the window slightly open, the air can escape and the door shuts nicely.

The Yaris has good seals around the door and the cars body thus having good water resistance.

Let us know if this works.

:thumbsup:

yeah i have same prob. i forget when im gettin out the car and i have passengers. i slam the door shut when they are gettin out and im suprised it doesnt carry on into the car. :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links