Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Facias And Fitting Headunits?

Toyota Kid

Hey guys

Just got a new Yaris for myself and I'm looking to start modifyin it. Used to have a Seat Ibiza but due to age it has recently mad a trip to the bit car park in the sky so decided was time for something smaller.

So I am looking to put a new headunit in but I'm totally confused by how the ****** to do it? I have read the "Headunit Fitting 101" on the forums but I don't really want to fit it under the old stereo so are there any facia adaptors on the market. I have looked at Halfords but I dunno if any of them would fit the Yaris and how exactly I would do it any way.

So basically I'm looking from a bit of advie. I've seen pictures of it done so I'm sure it's possible I just don't really know how to do it myself.

Cheers guys

- Toyota Kid

Part number - T55406-52010-B0 Fascia adapter/surround - double din £38 - From Toyota

Autoleads Double Din converter - £25 - Halfords, part number for this is FP-11-03 (listed as Rav4 but will fit Yaris). Got mine from the states for £12...

ISo lead is £12 Halfords, toyota one......

half an hour mate

tis a doddle

youll need a hack saw :o but its nowt drastic youll understand

Hi and welcome mate! :thumbsup:

I notice ur from Scotland, whereabouts in Scotland? I'm from Kilmarnock!

Yeah the double din thingy is a piece of pee, I'll need 2 get round 2 doing it 1 day! :thumbsup:

Hacksaw!!! :eek:

I assume this to chop the Rav4 adaptor up a bit to fit in the Yaris double din thingy?

I'm sure i'll work it out anyway! Thanks for telling me otherwise i would have been jamming bits in where they arent meant to go! :thumbsup:

fully illustrated mate

its got some extra lugs as it fits the yaris, rav, mr2, celica etc etc... all toyotas that use double din

you just lop off certain lugs that you dont need

Right i've got it and its like a giant meccano set! lol

I cut the 2 top ones off i assume? I should be following the Echo instructions then i hope!

need to take original stereo out first so i can see what needs to be done

Dont follow the instructions!

Mine were wrong, it was only until i fitted it then read the instructions(!), it said to lop off the wrong ones!

Who reads instructions anyways :P

Thats great cheers guys will tkae a note and go get one ASAP I assume they take a while to be sent out? okay now to decide on a head unit lol

Thanks again

P.S Ryan1985 I'm from Glasgow

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links