Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who Has Done The Engine Fan Mod?

EmR2T

As topic - who here has done the mod to run the engine fan all the time?

Is is really worth it here in the UK where it's not exactly warm :)

Not sure whether having it running 100% of the time is a good idea in terms of wear or not.

yeah thats right - be on a thermostat or something.

I think the sensor is set at 140F ?

Seems quite popular on the US forums. Guess it gets hotter over there though.

I read somewhere it's a mod they do when they replace the engine cover

with a after maket one to help air to circulate,but running all the time puts

one hell of a drain on the Battery + alternator :!Removed!:

nope :)

Was just being nosey - I guess I would maybe consider it after raising my boost later this week but will see what temps are like. Days are getting colder now anyway so not much point over here in winter! :)

All your doing is runing the engine bay fan, so this wont cause any problems with warming the engine (thermostat controls that) or Battery drain/alternator wear. It's no different to driving with your lights on or stereo turned up.

It will help to reduce heatsoak around the intercooler, but is pointless on a NA engine.

All you do is unplug the sensor on the engine lid to make it run all the time, so it's the easiest mod (to do and reverse) I can think of on a MR2.

B)

All your doing is runing the engine bay fan, so this wont cause any problems with warming the engine (thermostat controls that) or battery drain/alternator wear. It's no different to driving with your lights on or stereo turned up.

So you are saying that running round all day with your h/lights on as no affect

on the Battery or alternator ? even though they are having to put up with more load . And I think the c/fan uses alot more power then the h/lights & Stereo put together. As when ours comes on the tic over slows down.

All your doing is runing the engine bay fan, so this wont cause any problems with warming the engine (thermostat controls that)...

It will help to reduce heatsoak around the intercooler, but is pointless on a NA engine.

All you do is unplug the sensor on the engine lid to make it run all the time, so it's the easiest mod (to do and reverse) I can think of on a MR2.

B)

Spot on. :thumbsup:

Exactly what I've done... for now, while I'm testing engine and charge temps.

The only downside is that it's not a bearing fan, and therefore the bushes will suffer wear after a little while of constant running. Because it's so easy to do, you can either do it from a switch, or simply unplug the sensor when you know you're going on a quick blast.

It does reduce temps slightly. Nothing earth shattering though.

Yup .. I've unplugged the sensor .. have had it like that for 2.5 years now ..

All your doing is runing the engine bay fan, so this wont cause any problems with warming the engine (thermostat controls that) or battery drain/alternator wear. It's no different to driving with your lights on or stereo turned up.

So you are saying that running round all day with your h/lights on as no affect

on the Battery or alternator ? even though they are having to put up with more load . And I think the c/fan uses alot more power then the h/lights & Stereo put together. As when ours comes on the tic over slows down.

Sounds like the big boy at the front that you hear and feel.. the side ones diddy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links