Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dump Valve

Markturbo

i have the standard toyota recirculating valve on my tubby you still get a slight dump valve noise just wondering if this is right, <_<

when i first bought the car it had a blitz super sound B.O.V and it sounded great but when the went off the cars revs would drop and then most of the time the car would cut out spoke to some one else with the same B.O.V i had he said it done the same thing

so is there any bov that you lot have on your car which sound loud and great and doesn't mess the car about cheers for any replys

I have a blitz one on mine (rev2) and I don't get any stumble etc.

The only thing it occasionalyl does is makes a pop on gear changes after high boost as fuel is added to compensate for the now dumped air - this causes it to run rich for a moment which is then ignited making the pop from the exhaust :)

the BOV should have a screw on the side of it to turn. This adjusts the preload on the BOV.

You can play with this and it should stop the cutting out. Your BOV will probably be sucking in a little air all the time which is resulting in the stall.

the BOV should have a screw on the side of it to turn. This adjusts the preload on the BOV.

You can play with this and it should stop the cutting out. Your BOV will probably be sucking in a little air all the time which is resulting in the stall.

...and there's you saying you know nothing about engines, Mr. Tech Head! :lol:

well i sold my BOV a little while ago to help pay for a turbo rebuild but i did love the sound and the turning of heads so any suggestions on a good one for my car which i will look to get in future

I would say there's only two to chose from. It seriously comes down to the type of noise you like.

You have the Blitz Super Sound Blow Off Valve DD and the HKS SSQV.

Blitz is a Psssshh... sound where HKS is a sorta whistle sound.

I did have the HKS but didn't like the sound so sold it on. I have the Blitz one at the moment.

I have a blitz and its nothing like a typical pssst scooby/evo type sound.

It gives a sound more like a kinda metallic zing noise? I am interested to see how it will change when the boost is upped :)

with the Blitz DD valve you get 2 connectors for it.

One has a filter on it and the other without. Obviously the filter is there to prevent muck from jamming the mechanism etc. But I'm curious... if I put the one on without the filter will it be even louder???? :drool:

i had the blitz supersound bov the one without the filter and the sound was so good so maybe i will just have to get one again as i sold mine but i don't want my car to keep stalling after the sound has gone off but it turn heads really good :drool:

i had the blitz supersound bov the one without the filter and the sound was so good so maybe i will just have to get one again as i sold mine but i don't want my car to keep stalling after the sound has gone off but it turn heads really good :drool:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links