Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eccentric Rod Guides

CraigT

I believe a while back jimlad bought these for his MR2.

Anyway looking at the eccentric rod guide on www.imoc.co.uk I noticed them described like this:

"The position and fit of the T-Tops in the Mk.2 MR2 can be adjusted by replacing the two small plastic rod guides in the locking mechanism with a similar part manufactured with the hole off-center"

Now looking at the car, mine fit this description. Not sure if they were standard on the Rev3 or the previous owner had them done. It also says:

"Rotation of the two rod guides then allows the T-Top to be moved relative to the locking rod, hopefully providing a better fit in your particular application"

If I do infact have them can they actually be adjusted?

I've never heard of them having them as standard.

An easy way to tell mate.

Take off the locking mechanism etc on the tbar. Have a look at where the rods go. At the ends of them there should be a little plastic going round them. About 3cm or so long.. with a thicker bit at one side. ( hope this is making sense! ).

There should then be a screw going into the plastic to lock the rod guides in place. If all this is there... undo the screw. Grab an adjustable wrench thing. Grab the plastic bit and it should turn.

An easy way to see what it's doing is to put the tbar back on the car ( locked ) with the locking mech still visible etc. Then turn the guides. You should physically be able to see the tbar move closer giving it a tighter fit. It will get to a point where it starts to slacken off again so you just turn it back.

Make sure you don't have a gap at the top of the window once finished playing.

So.... do you have them ??? .... lol

Cheers for the advice matey, I knew I remembered you getting them a while back!

Im off tomorrow so I'll have a look and post a pic tomorrow for you to take a look at :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links