Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apexi Electronic Goodies

midmotorsteve

Right I have £115 credit with a tuning company, thinking of an APEXI RSM as they are only £35 more.

They delimit the car, but i'm not sure mines limited anyway as i've had it indicating 125mph several times now with no sign of a limiter, thinking this maybe due to having uk clocks etc. They don't do anything else for performance, just how accurate are they for measuring 0-60 etc do people who have them actually use them, are they worthwhile?

Also If i don't go for this theres the ACV-R boost controller or s-afc 2 (fuel computer).

On the boost controller front is there actually any benefit in this? i mean boost is boost?? I have it at 15psi with a grainger valve, is there any performance advantage in programming different levels of boost in different gears or across the rev range? or is it more a handy thing if the weather turns bad and you can just switch to lower boost?? especially as its an expensive bit of kit an additional £230

Finally fuel computer, basically this would have to be setup on a r/r ??? as else it could just be an expensive way of destroying the engine?? was thinging about this as its cheaper than the boost controller, would cost me an additional £115

what are peoples thoughts??

I wouldn't bothe with the apexi ebc if you are happy with grainger - just don't boost in the wet or snow :)

I would go with the fuel and a roof pod for beside the interior lights :)

I've got an Old Skool RSM .. which I'm looking at trading up to a new one ..

Got an AVCR & an SAFC II in the post :)

That looks great veilside B)

thanks mate, got it from a guy called tim @ tb-developments, he makes them as far as i know. He installed it all for me too :)

Not sure if he`s a member here, he is on mr2oc.co.uk under tb-developments.

I had the Apexi RSM for a while before i sold it to Knowleson; it was pretty cool, measures just about everything including BHP if you had the G-sensor thingy.

If I were you though Steve I'd save up for an S-AFC and one of those roof pod thingies :thumbsup:

I'm gonna get myself one of those roof pods and the apexi do da that bibbs has.

Dunno if there's any real reason to have it as I have the unichip... but damn it looks good !

That looks great veilside  B)

thanks mate, got it from a guy called tim @ tb-developments, he makes them as far as i know. He installed it all for me too :)

Not sure if he`s a member here, he is on mr2oc.co.uk under tb-developments.

I just got my mbc in the post from him ;)

Seems like a really decent bloke

so what is the deal with the SAFC?

is it any good, i have read what it does, but must admit - dont really get it.

just got myself an apexi air filter, fitted it today, would the SAFC integrate nicely with this and give me any gains?

to get max power you only want the minimum fuel going in required, any extra that isn't required cools the cylinders and looses power, this gaget allow you to tune out the fuel so its only getting whats needed, also when you raise boost to high levels yuo may get to little fuel, this gaget also can be programmed to give more fuel if needed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links