Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player

breezer

yes i have

i have listened to many car stereos from many brands, i have even owned a Sony stereo and yes.....

Alpine is far better quality than most others!

Yes i have spent hours listening to different stereos and experienced many installs in all sorts of different cars (and not at Halfords with a wall and aircraft hanger like accoustics.......a proper sound constructed room at a hi-fi shop)

i also happen to own a combined Denon, Bose and B&W home system which i also spent many an hour just 'listening' to the ways different amps and Speakers work with each other

some people can tell the difference between the sound quality properties of different stereos

others just like music in any shape or form

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• breezer

• jaxx

• Moffmo

• Chappers

Top Posters In This Topic

Switching all the sony products on, headunit-speakers etc, u notice how crap they are, compared to say an Alpine headunit and Infinity speakers....

But I'm just sayin 2 different headunits thru the exact same Speakers be it Sony, Alpine, JBL wotever! <_<

Any one on here use/used a Clarion head unit been looking at the DXZ848RMC not had a chance to see/listen to it yet but what do u think?

Was thinking somethink along the lines of

H/U DXZ848RMC

Front Speakers Vibe sa60

Rears Vibe qb69

Amp Vibe blackbox III

Dont want to go down the sub route being a family man un all that

(need the boot for shoping :censor: )

To put it bluntly. You can't really go wrong with Sony if you just like a few tunes on and don't have it that loud.

But I agree that Alpine is better quality.

I once bought a Kenwood CD player for my old Fiesta (standard speakers) and it sounded great (even looked great). But, it was bust and kept skipping. So I got a Sony. The Sony works great, but its deffiently not as nice sounding as the Kenwood was.

Now I have the standard Yaris stereo (shudder), but I'd rather do engine mods, and visual mods before I mess around with the sound. But I think when I do, i'll just get some nice replacement dash/door Speakers and an Alpine head unit (with the facia adapter Jaxx has).

best thing about clarion

alpines sister company

Thought they had somethink to do with each othere some of there Speakers have roughly the same names/codes

What speakers you rekon are the best?

Alpine again? Or just Alpine head unit. Im gonna get some Alpine Type R Components.

Good? Or Bad?

I've heard good things about Infinity and are meant 2 have a good sound quality/price ratio!

Suppose the Alpine's would be quite good aswell! :thumbsup:

Im going for Type R Alpines, keeping all the sound kit as Alpine I think. As for sub, Im thinking Alpine still (any objections?) maybe the type X (bout £300 each) two of them in the back bums up with alpine amps. Seen the build of this in the back of a BMW at Max Power, wasn't over done, looked very neat its one of the Alpine demo cars. I need to go find the wiring diagram and what all the components were, I took a picture of it.

seen alpine BM its lush :D

not heard a type X yet though although its promising

ive got a 10inch type r twin coil in mine rated at 300rms and im currently giving it 200rms and it pounds as loud and hard as one of my old type s 12's! :eek:

hope to get the full 300w and both coils driven independant one day! :P

Yeah at the moment (dont shout at me) got an Xplod running at 300W a 12".

At the moment Im not sure weather to go for X-Type, it is an RMS of 1000W and a Maximum of 3000W each or to go for 2 12" Type Rs at 300W so a 600W system or a 2000W system.

Im sure both will sound good but the price tag for the 2000W system will be about £1000 or more I would have thought. And it would probably rattle the car to pieces.

As for sound proofing, does that stop rattling as well? Cause I thought it did but I heard it just stops sound leaking out the car.

I hate rattles. I dont mind sound ozzing out the car.

Okay well looks like its time to anti rattle.

What I intend to do is:

Upgrade CD Player.

Upgrade Door Spekers (also add in loads of sound proofing in the door).

Add in sub system (sound proofing some more)

Add in 6x9 (more sound proofing)

And that Alpine is one of the top spec ones. Personally I love the CDA-9812RB 4x60W Output and only £250.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Just wondered if any1 could help! :wacko: Iv recently had a new sony headunit fitted to my yaris t-sport by Halfords and now i want to add a sub-woofer but i cant get the fascia off to get to the back of the headunit! :help: ahhhh!! Please please can someone help!! Cheers!

Chris

hey there mate!! welcome to the club, its easy for sure!!

go onto the the yaris section and look at the top at the main topics, theres one labelled "yaris how to's" or something like that, click that and go in, then choose whichever you want to see :thumbsup:

my 2 pennies worth here...i will ALWAYS go for alpine headunit and amp and ALWAYS have focal Speakers to go along with them! NO need for sub's or 6x9's if your not mega into your bass, as they give out plenty! trust me! ;) :D

Hello again peeps! Just found the tutorial of gettin the dashboard off to get to the back of the cd player in my yaris! yeahhh!! :D This website and community is brill! Just been thinkin tho - do i need to pull of my speedometer? The photos on this website show a digital readout speedo - and mine is the t-sport model with the traditonal pin speedo. Thanks

Chris

Hello again peeps! Just found the tutorial of gettin the dashboard off to get to the back of the cd player in my yaris! yeahhh!!  :D This website and community is brill! Just been thinkin tho - do i need to pull of my speedometer? The photos on this website show a digital readout speedo - and mine is the t-sport model with the traditonal pin speedo. Thanks

Chris

If its a facelift yaris (03+) you got (w/ teardrop headlights)...then yes you have to pull the speedo surround out

Ok cheers mate! Dont mean to stupid but..... :huh: this wont harm my speedo will it? Sounds daft i know but iv got a traditional pin speedo whilst all the pictures iv seen of speedos being pulled out are of those digital ones. :wacko: Cheers

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links