Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whoooosssh!

dj_davo

u may recall i posted a topic the other week about a tubby i saw at mr2004 making a lovely whooshing sound, and i wasnt sure what it was.

i am now!

apexi air filter! :thumbsup:

fitted mine yesterday and just had my first run in it,.......mental! :eek: whoosh - pfffdaaa! sounds like some crazy dump valve!

why did peeps with apexi's not tell me about this before?

buy one :thumbsup:

I want one...doh! no turbo :(

You dont need a turbo....they do sound better with the turbo as it sucks in a lot more air, but you still get the whooooosh noise with an N/A

:lol:

Got any linkss to these??? Are they Mesh or foam or what??? Need a new induction kit for the supra... might treat the MR2 as well :D

Got any linkss to these??? Are they Mesh or foam or what??? Need a new induction kit for the supra... might treat the MR2 as well :D

Have a look in the filter test sticky thread for pics ..

About £100 seems to be the average .. have a look at mine on Friday if you are in Town ..

Got any linkss to these??? Are they Mesh or foam or what??? Need a  new induction kit for the supra... might treat the MR2 as well  :D

About £100 seems to be the average .. have a look at mine on Friday if you are in Town ..

Cool don't mind if I do!!!

ta :thumbsup:

someone post a link up please! im useless on the internet all i can find is !Removed!!

so if someone please put a link up i can get an apxi filter!! :arrgg-matey:

sounds good this apexi air filter. saw a post further up about it working with an n/a like? does it actually give a light whoosh noise with it? also is it worth getting one for the n/a, asin performance wise?

for N/A id say getting the one of mr2oc.co.uk, its exactly the same as K&N (made in the same factory etc.) but hasnt got the K&N mark and is about 10x cheaper :thumbsup:

where abouts on the site are the kits? ive had a look but cant find them :huh:

Any induction kit will make a whoosh on any car, my Pipercross used 2 make a whoosh on my Yaris and its only a 1 litre! :thumbsup:

Beware tho, they tend 2 use alot more petrol or wos that just my Yaris? <_<

Got any linkss to these??? Are they Mesh or foam or what??? Need a  new induction kit for the supra... might treat the MR2 as well  :D

try more like £150ish for the Rev3... <_< but then it had a heat shield as well.. or so it says...

Might just treat myself to one next payday... :thumbsup:

someone post a link up please! im useless on the internet all i can find is !Removed!!

I keep looking for !Removed!, but all I keep finding is this $&@@ing forum! :lol::lol:

Any induction kit will make a whoosh on any car, my Pipercross used 2 make a whoosh on my Yaris and its only a 1 litre! :thumbsup:

Beware tho, they tend 2 use alot more petrol or wos that just my Yaris? <_<

The only reason you use more fuel is 'cos you boot it everywhere so you can hear the WHHHOOOOOOSHH.

as an update for you all, and to respond to the last few posts above, i may be removing the apexi, until i get an exhaust and probably unichip too, as im using stupid amounts of fuel this week (without booting it - although obviously THAT SOUND is addictive) :thumbsup:

i assume it may be down to the air/fuel mixture being altered, and with the absence of a chip or fuel computer - like the SAFC, and/or maybe the fact i still have a restrictive zorst.

i might keep the standard zorst, but get a de-cat pipe.

thoughts on this peeps?

so now i will bite the bullet and probably get a unichip. was gonna go the SAFC, FCD, grainger valve & delimiter route, but with the amount of wires, messing about, and cost (although cheaper than a unichip), i think that 1 device neatly plumbed in - and importantly EASILY REMOVABLE is the way to go. :rolleyes:

what do you lot think?

I prefer the Apexi style of controller .. as you then get funky dials and are able to tune yourself ..

but the Uni is tidier ..

took it off, gonna run standard again, until i get the other bits together.

still be interested in peoples thoughts of running a de-cat pipe on standard zorst. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links