Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carbon Bonnets

clarky

Hi There,

Spending some money on my Yaris T-Sport - its gets its TDI fitted exhaust and induction system fitted this weekend - feedback to follow.

Asides from that I'm thinking about a new bonnet - I know a few of you have them fitted - where did they come from and cost?

Clarky

£600-£700 aint they? !Removed! lovly though.

WRC, is yours painted or does it just blend in with the black really well? I love the grill you have put into the carbon fibre vents, how did that fit in? Easy job.

i know someone who may be able to get them for us ;)

i personally want a vented one aswell

the origional vent went to deep into the engine bay and i couldnt close the bonnet cus the supercharger was touching the bonnet.

so body shop extended the vents and meshed them up, i like it.

it makes the vents more visible now, and i got another wee intake rivited onto the bonnet on the right hand side.

no its not painted.

Ah rite cool. Its looking good. I saw your other vent on the side. Very nice.

Are they seriously that much? God damn! I've seen prices on websites like £699.

Serious bit of cool though.

a friend of mine has just brought a carbon bonnet for his SR too, its about 3 or 4 times heavyer than mine as it uses the standard frame underneath, so watch out do your homework when buying one make sure its actually gonna help with weight and cooling, as well as looking nice :thumbsup:

600 - 700 quid!

My god thats a whole lot more than I thought ... anychance of a group buy?

Also - who haas a strut brace? How much? From where and can I fit it myself?

Clarky

Carbon Fibre cause...

1.) Its looks cool.

2.) Its light weight (less body weight, increased performance).

3.) It keeps things cool.

I just had a look and yeah ENVY £745

Price: £634.04

VAT: £110.96

Delivery: £11.75

Total: £756.75

Can any discounts be done?

Carbon Fibre cause...

1.) Its looks cool.

2.) Its light weight (less body weight, increased performance).

3.) It keeps things cool.

I just had a look and yeah ENVY £745

Price: £634.04

VAT: £110.96

Delivery: £11.75

Total: £756.75

Can any discounts be done?

If you are just after a plain Carbon fibre bonnet with no vents I can get a Varis bonnet for £500 and I could do 10% for gold members for this item so it could be yours for £450. You could then cut NACA Carbon Duct into it around the airfilter to give a similar effect.

The best price I can do on the C-One Bonnet for an individual purchase would be £695 + UK Delivery. If a few were willing to order at the same time I could do them for less as the shipping is a real killer on these items due to the size of box's they come in.

Thanks

Kevin

Cheers for the info Envy. I bet the boxes are killer.

Just came off the "Tune a Car" website... and well they have the brand new Carbon Fibre bonnet for what looks like the Phase 2. Completly different vent on the top, there price is £800 if I remember right.

c-one_kit3.JPG

Looks pretty swift. Not sure if that whole kit is for the Phase 2 or if its just shown on a phase 2.

What yawl think? :thumbsup:

Looks sharp, looks like that whole kit is 4 the phase 2 also! I'm still goin veilside tho! :thumbsup:

Personally, I'm not a fan of them. They have to be on the right car to do it for me. Usually sporty coupe's like MR2's, FTO's, etc...

Doesn't belog on a hatchback in my opinion. Plus, its an extremely large amount of money which I would rather spend on other things.

But its all about what you want (and maybe what you can afford!). So go for it, if you can!

I think it makes a nice two tone effect, and its kinda like "hey I got a Carbon Fibre bonnet... What have YOU got?!?!"

hehe, yeah it is a hell lot of money though. Could get a bodykit for that.

s0cks is right, the bonnets are like marmite, you either love them or hate them, just like race graphics and two tone paint jobs, at the end of the day its you the owner of the car whos opinion counts

Yep. Its YOUR car. It should look how YOU want it to look. Cause at the end of the day YOUR driving it, and YOUR paying for it.

So how much would a straight replacement bonnet come in with spraying?

Spraying? It's carbon fibre for gawd's sake..u spray it and the nasty's'll come looking :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links