Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boost Gauge Setup...

EmR2T

I have just had a boost gauge fitted and I have noticed it all seems to be ok except from where it has been t'd in. Where you T in the vacuum hose to the boost gauge, instead of it being fitted before the white filter ring - the T is coming from the after the filter (connected in one end then on the other two it goes to the gauge and the manifold as normal)

What is the reason for fitting it before the white filter? Should I reconnect this part of it?

Ok cool :)

I was concerned at first as I had FCD and gauge fitted today and when I went for first drive I noticed the idle seemed erratic for a short time but I have sinced been thinking it must have been as the ecu will have been reset and it was learning again. It is totally back to normal now and the boost gauge is working great :D

In 4th/5th I see the boost going to bang on 10 and holfing steady - just primed to be upped to 14/15 with my MBC now :)

I got a gauge similar to this: http://www.acautotechnic.com/images/racegauges/gr7002.jpg

The one I got is slightly different in that it is completely black faced until ignition is on then it lights up nice and clearly then slightly dims when headlights are on. I stuck it in a pod on the A-pillar - looks pretty kew. (Will get pics when I finally get pics of car as well!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links