Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bloody Garages

veilside_mr2

I put my car into the local garage yesterday morning bright and early like they requested (it was my day off and i still got up at 7am).

They told me they would fit my new turbo and clutch in 2 days....3 max.

Great!..i thought....so i got a taxi back home and sat around wonderin how they were getting on.

Neways rang them at about 5ish today...only for the great news of..."its not going very well"..."why?" i asked...." we cant get the car on the ramps because its too low" they replied.

WHAT THE F**K?!...it took them 2 !Removed! days to realize it wouldnt go on the damn ramps????, I was like well why dont u use some wood to act as a ramp to get it on?..thats what other garages did?..."OOOO yeah, good idea" they said.

PFFT, so its been there 2 god damn days and they havnt done ANYTHING yet, my cars booked into thor racing on saturday to get the fuelling set-up for the new turbo etc....it had BETTER be done for then. GRRRRR!

Excuse the REALLY long post :blink:

I had a similar thing with Hyper Sports Racing. Booked my old Tubby in and had to wait 2 weeks for the date.

Car went to them, Hybrid stage 2 Turbo and other bits and bobs. I called them on the first day just to see where there up to, and Chris replied:

'Well we have been busy today and only managed to take the induction pipes and IC pipes off."

To say I was pi55ed was an understatement, why do they do it? Because they want you business and while you are looking around at different garages they feed you bull**** like, yeah we can do that in 3/4 days. But when they have your car, and have your custom the truth comes out!!!!!!

Anyway, what Turbo you getting fella?

:thumbsup:

I get the similar thing but with a bodyshop.

I book in weeks in advance, turn up on the day and they tell me they can't do it because they're too busy this week !!?!?

I mean wtf ??... why did I book it in again ??...

So... it's booked in again at the end of this month. !Removed! mongs !

aah so im not the only one who gets constantly f00ked about then lol

I`m gettin the garret gt28rs mate, supposed to be good...wait and see I suppose. :)

No mate your far from alone :(

The worst thing is your often left with the choice of paying them to put your car back together again (work not done) so you can use it (as strangely not everyone has a fleet to choose from :blink: !) -paying for the labour on that usually

Or loosing the car until they decode to pull their finger out!

Im now taking mine to Rogue Systems in a couple of weeks - 30 miles away but you know your geting a proper job done by people who knnow what they are doing - nice chaps too :) - any chance of some discount Matt ;)

-Gareth :thumbsup:

I don't even get a discount mate and I've nearly bought everything they sell !! I also have their company name splatted up the side of my car... lol.

my prob e has been in the garage for 3 weeks now becuase it has a missfire....

now I personaly hate the car, and have two other cars to get me about...; but the thing is for sale, and thats nearly a month worth of tax and mot used up.....

there's nothing more annoying and phoning up somewhere and them telling you it's gonna be an extra few days or they havn't started yet !

Well, that woz good,..they seemed rather pleased with themselves, only took them 3 days to get the car on the ramps...wow! im impressed. :wacko:

I pointed out that they had better get it done before sat as its booked into thor racing then, and they hav a waitin list of 2 months and u hav to pay a £100 deposit on all bookings, which id lose and deduct from the fitting costs of the turbo. (yeah I lied but f**K em lol)

I bet they will work late 2nite lol.

know what you mean, when my 2 had the dodgy sensors i took it to a garage not far from me, told him the situation and he went to the front of the car and asked me to pop bonnet,

"why the engines in the back"

"is it?"

"never mind mate ill go somewhere else"

haha...quality!

Has ne1 else got amps under their bonnet?lol, thats good at cruises/shows or whatever when sum little burberry boy comes over,.."y0 mate..erm...thats a weird lookin engine?..whats she puttin out then mate"..."erm?...about 900w?"

that sucks! :blink:

well, my turn to moan now...

i crashed my car begining of aug, a week later (13th aug) a garage my insurance company is registered with finaly came to get my car to take it away and be

repaired...

(anyone want to butt in around a bout now, and tell mw what date it is... or can

someone work out, exactly HOW LONG my car has been in this DAM gargae...)

and as the story goes, my car is no more close to repair than it was on the 13 aug!

about a week and half after getting my car, they put in a quote for repair...

everything was fine...

then last week, they announced that theyd taken the front bumper off....

(anyone want to butt in again and say 'it took them 2 and a half weeks to take the front bumper of' or 'why didnt they take the front bumoer of in the first place?')

and they discovered there was damage to my radiator.

so NOW im waiting on a re-estimate, to fond out whether its gonna be repaired or

not.

SO IM NOT A HAPPY PUPPY AT THE MOMENT.

and to top it all of.. they gave me a rover 25 TD 2ltr as my curtosey car.

enough said.

Well, that woz good,..they seemed rather pleased with themselves, only took them 3 days to get the car on the ramps...wow! im impressed. :wacko:

I pointed out that they had better get it done before sat as its booked into thor racing then, and they hav a waitin list of 2 months and u hav to pay a £100 deposit on all bookings, which id lose and deduct from the fitting costs of the turbo. (yeah I lied but f**K em lol)

I bet they will work late 2nite lol.

quality! think everyone's done that at one time or another, but boy it feels good.

aah so im not the only one who gets constantly f00ked about then lol

I`m gettin the garret gt28rs mate, supposed to be good...wait and see I suppose. :)

Nice turbo

How come you chose that :thumbsup:

Erm I was advised by a bloke called tim from mr2oc he has his own small business called tb-developments. I got all my tuning goodies from him, sound bloke.

oh yeah and on the topic of the..erm..topic.lol

They have finally fitted the clutch today, only took 4 days :wacko:

But I phoned them tonight and said just get it ready to drive away 2moro morning and i`ll get the turbo fitted elsewhere....I dont think they were very pleased lol.

But jesus what did they expect, cowboys! :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links