Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Lexus Lights

mr2nut123

im currently saving a bita dosh to get some of these clear lights for my 2 but just wondered if you can keep the black centre panel with mr2 writen on it or not? also, are they easy to wire up and install? cheers :thumbsup:

you ideally want a rev3 centre panel or a roguesystems one. But if you go for the roguesystems one you won't have a reverse light.

You most probably can get them to fit with the rev1/2 centre panel as Rico managed to get rev3 lights fitted with the rev1 panel. Took a bit of fiddling tho I think. He added a reverse light between the exhausts behind the grill. It looks good.

i see. well basically i like the mr2 on the back of the car thats all. so these lexus lights will fit to a rev 2 like mine with ease then?

with the rev1 panel... I'm not saying with ease. But it should be possible with a bit of fiddling.

Get a rev3 centre panel. They say MR2 on them. Or get a rev6 one and get MR2 logo for it.

Hey matey, I was talking to a matey down here a cpl of weeks back about the lexus lights, and he said that all of them were pants!!!, He suggested it was best to get the Rev 3 or LED tail lights, rather than the Lexus ones, in what ever color, cos of the quality of the production, Apparently, the exterior lenses are only glued on pretty weakly, so water tends to get inside the lights and steam up etc. Unless you want to get them, break the lenses off, and reglue them yourself, he said best get the other ones. So there you go. He said alot of people who had bought them, found the problem, and ended up having to sell the lights off to unsuspecting punters!!!

I know a few people with them and they've had no problems.

If you bought them from Roguesystems, they would have no issues in sorting you out if anything like this happened !

I've had no problems with mine and I like the fact I got rid of those old looking orange indicators. The REV 6 lights now match my clear indicators on the two front wings and front nose lenses. Nice finish...... B)

Hey matey, I was talking to a matey down here a cpl of weeks back about the lexus lights, and he said that all of them were pants!!!, He suggested it was best to get the Rev 3 or LED tail lights, rather than the Lexus ones, in what ever color, cos of the quality of the production, Apparently, the exterior lenses are only glued on pretty weakly, so water tends to get inside the lights and steam up etc. Unless you want to get them, break the lenses off, and reglue them yourself, he said best get the other ones. So there you go. He said alot of people who had bought them, found the problem, and ended up having to sell the lights off to unsuspecting punters!!!

How does your mate know that all of them are rubbish?

I have had no probs with mine at all and no water/condensation inside.. and I think they are very well crafted and the detail is great.

I have the Black Chrome set and look very well.

Chap.. best thing to do is get a rev3 or rev6 panel as you are gonna have to cut the rev 1 - 2 panel to make it fit.. the centre of the lights are curved on the lexus lights and as u know.. the centre panel on the rev2 is straight. If you like the Lex lights, go for it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links