Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering A T Sport.

earpl

I've seen many people lower the car on TTE/Eibach (same brand - lowers 30mm) with no problems. However that is on wheels the same diameter as standard and is no wider than 195.

I have ordered Eibach -30mm springs to go with my 16inch with 195/45/R16 wheels & tyre combo. Apparently it shouldn't rub.

ive lowered mine about 60mm on TTEs and Konis

and ive had loads of problems :P

Poped in my local toyota dealers in northampton today to get a price for supply and fit tte springs and they said they can't get them in :huh: but said if i get them meself they will fit them for £130+vat

Anyone got any other sugestions

Poped in my local toyota dealers in northampton today to get a price for supply and fit tte springs and they said they can't get them in :huh: but said if i get them meself they will fit them for £130+vat

£130! ****, try elsewhere! Toyota will always rip you off. Go to a good independant garage.

i got charged 60 by a bloke....

ive lowered mine about 60mm on TTEs and Konis

and ive had loads of problems :P

Rob, will i have problems then?

Or do you have more becuase the tsport chassis is lower 20mm anyway?

£40 is the going rate at my local garage to fit 4 springs! you guys must live in some expensive areas! :yes:

Same garage did my mates saxo for £25! (2 springs and torsion bar - 1 hour job)

You are definately best off shopping around! Whats Toyotas labour rate? I've done 4 springs myself in 2 hours without the proper equipment! :thumbsup:

If you change the springs do you have to change the shocks as well?

Surly there would be more weight on the shocks due to the lower springs, would this reduce their life?

(I’m not clued up on lowering) :eek:

you dont have to change the shocks but because they are under load they can wear quicker but its not as if theyll do it in a week

theyll more than likely be fine with the rest of the car

In the ideal world would you change the shocks as well? In proportion to the lowered springs?

Yes....

Most of us do though....

Its better to have shorter shocks, but your car wont like blow apart with just lowering springs... they may just get really weak and you might have to get another set.... Would last a lot time though

In the ideal world would you change the shocks as well? In proportion to the lowered springs?

yes thats the way i think

if your gonna uprate the suspension may aswell do the whole lot and get some nice firm dampening to compensate the lower ride :thumbsup:

Rob, will i have problems then?

Or do you have more becuase the tsport chassis is lower 20mm anyway?

with 15's you should be fine mate

OK, bear with me on this one!

You change the springs and not the shocks, would the ride be bouncy as the original shocks would try and return to their original height when any weight is reduced when going over bumps, then when the weight of the car settles on the downward movement (due to the weight) would this cause a bouncy castle effect?

Or am I thinking too deeply? :D

the worst you could ever expect is a quick tap on the old arch lips to get it sweet when full of folk

but im sure youll be fine

you have my word

OK, bear with me on this one!

You change the springs and not the shocks, would the ride be bouncy as the original shocks would try and return to their original height when any weight is reduced when going over bumps, then when the weight of the car settles on the downward movement (due to the weight) would this cause a bouncy castle effect?

Or am I thinking too deeply? :D

no you wont get a bouncy effect unless the shocks are toasted

think about it, they are never at full extent anyway as std they are still under abit of load

they couldnt go to full extent or youd here a clunk have a harsh ride and the wheels would come away from the floor

if anything with lowered springs youll have a slightly firmer ride, a little less comfort, but an improved centre of gravity with handling mildly improved

oh and better looks! nothing worse than a 4x4 stance!

ideally yes but like i say its up to the person in hand

uprated shocks and srpings will improve the handling no end

springs will give you better looks and a small increase in road holding but without any real loss in ride quality

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links