Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Wheel

Moffmo

Would a new gen celicas new steering wheel fit a yaris?

I had a look in a scrap yard yesterday and it looked to be same but bloke sed airbag is different.

reckon he was trying to scam me into paying for a brand new airbag?

i believe it to be the same wheel yes

and the airbag can differ

more than likely to do with how you sit in the car. the airbag will deploy in a different way from a 'sports coupe' to a 'supermini'

if you get me?

i believe it to be the same wheel yes

and the airbag can differ

more than likely to do with how you sit in the car. the airbag will deploy in a different way from a 'sports coupe' to a 'supermini'

if you get me?

Errr.... Is it still safe though?

Cheers

matt

yeah buts not new....

I could swap my airbag over to new one, but would look a bit shoddy and is risky...

Ill wait till they get a tsport in

If I had to a grumble about the YTS, then it would be about the steering wheel.

I would like it a tad thicker with maybe a bit of a contour in the 10 to 2 position.

Apart from that, everything is good!

If that’s all I can really complain about then Toyota have got it right.

(the front seat memory issue isn’t an issue as I don’t use the back seats)

(oh! And traction control would have been nice as well)

If I had to a grumble about the YTS, then it would be about the steering wheel.

I would like it a tad thicker with maybe a bit of a contour in the 10 to 2 position.

Apart from that, everything is good!

If that’s all I can really complain about then Toyota have got it right.

(the front seat memory issue isn’t an issue as I don’t use the back seats)

(oh! And traction control would have been nice as well)

Phase 1 sterring wheel is better :P

traction control :blink:

its only got 110bhp! :P

I was thinking along the lines of wet and icy roads and not mad acceleration! :thumbsup:

I’m sure they have traction control in models in other countries, hence the blanked out bit near the electric window control on UK versions.

I’m sure they have traction control in models in other countries, hence the blanked out bit near the electric window control on UK versions.

Isn't that for front fog lamps if added to non-tsport/t-spirit models?

yeah its for ones that had fogs fitted 'aftermarket'

TC comes with the Yaris Turbo, and i understand it may make sense in icey conditions but then any car is easy to spin up in such situations :rolleyes:

also a few things we dont get on the yaris but others do

1. heated seats - cold countrys only

2. a fuel heater - small heater that uses petrol to burn and create heat and then blasts it into the car - again cold countrys only

3. econ mode - stop at the lights, brake on and out of gear and the engine cuts out, when your ready to go again simply hit the cltuch and drop it in gear and the engine automatically cracks up again - i dunno who uses this tho?? maybe japan

yeah its for ones that had fogs fitted 'aftermarket'

TC comes with the Yaris Turbo, and i understand it may make sense in icey conditions but then any car is easy to spin up in such situations :rolleyes:

also a few things we dont get on the yaris but others do

1. heated seats - cold countrys only

2. a fuel heater - small heater that uses petrol to burn and create heat and then blasts it into the car - again cold countrys only

3. econ mode - stop at the lights, brake on and out of gear and the engine cuts out, when your ready to go again simply hit the cltuch and drop it in gear and the engine automatically cracks up again - i dunno who uses this tho?? maybe japan

Thout it used more petrol to start engine up then letting it idle for a few secounds??

yeah it does

designed if ya sat along time i suppose

its actually in the yaris owners manual?? well it is in mine

I wish mine had the "daylight running lights" that are mentioned in the manual - it would save me having to turn my sidelights on and off all of the time to that other road users can see me! A small thing, but the irritation mounts up.

The start/stop thing is really for places like Tokyo or Bangkok where the traffic is far worse than even London. In those cases you really do burn less fuel than when you're just sitting.

A

DRL daytime running lights would be good as i always drive wit my sidelights on so no one can say they didnt see me in an accident,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links