Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quick Question

dawolf

If I buy an induction kit without the hole for my sensor, will it still be okay? I'm sure I've heard people say they have managed to put the sensor somewhere so there's no problem. Any advice appreciated.

Think he means the Intake Air Temperature sensor . Think you can just tape it up somewhere out of the way, it doesn't need to be in the airflow, just connected. But dont most induction kits have a hole for it anyway?

Yeah that's the one, it's currently plugged into my airbox. The kit I'm getting doesn't have a hole but it does have the AFM adaptor.

Finally bought an induction kit, it's basically the same as a K&N but cheaper, lol. It should arrive tomorrow.

Anyone know what tools I will need to remove the standard airbox etc? Thanks.

8mm spanner :)

and you should end up with somthing like this.

63a28180.gif

dont forget to remove the black box on the bulk head

Seeing that you've polished the pipe from the intercooler to throttle body, why don't you do it with the intake pipe that runs across the top of the cylinder head, that leads to the intercooler (the pipe you connect your BOV to)? It just takes a lot of elbow grease with sandpaper to get the worst of the cast marks off, and then a little time with the buffer!!!

Stu,

I've noticed you have what looks like a charcoal canister on your motor (please correct me if I'm wrong). It's the black cylindrical thing with a pipe connected at both ends.

I thought only US models were fitted with these....?

i drilled a hole in the big pipe and fitted my sensor into that . :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Okay, it took me a while but I've finally managed to fit the cone filter. I've put the air flow meter and other black box back on otherwise there would be holes left in the air pipe. I'm going to tape the temp sensor somewhere near the cone. Is it adviseable to reset the ECU now? Thanks guys.

Just been out for a drive, it sounds lovely and raspy. Only thing is it seems to make a slight hissing noise when the car is idling, once you press the throttle it's okay, strange. Sounds and feels much better than before :D .

You'll hane to post some piccies.

Is your car a turbo?

they sound great on turbo's apprently from outside the car, you can hear the turbo spooling up louder than my exhaust.

You dont need to reset the ecu, but if you have a 3d mapped Ecu, you might want to book it in for a fine-tunning :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links