Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Conversion

corollasr

have been looking at the fensport website and am very very interested in the

4A-GE conversion into my 98 corolla.

anyone knwo of any whos had it done as wanna stay on the normally aspirated route from an insurance point of view

ed

Dont think anyone has stuck the 4age n/a in the ae111 as yet mate I dont know if it would be worth it :( most people do 4age 20v or 4agze.

But I have seen on loads of sites that you can get lots and lots of power from a 4age if you have the cash :D

rob: would love to but going for something that won't kill me on insurance. either that or i'm gonna try some heavy tuning work on the 4A-FE. see if i can get 160. throttle bodies maybe?

but may work out cheaper on the 4A-GE

ed

Hi,

while you can get "heaps" of power out of a 4A-GE, if you can't do the rebuild yourself and are unable to fabricate most parts yourself you are looking at a very hefty pricetag. Rebuilding the 4A-FE to get comparable power to the 4A-GE is in my opinion not worth the price, you would be better of getting a 4A-GE and work from there.

If you want more power for your money than you're better of with a 4A-GZE, 4A-GTE, 4A-GE 20 valve conversion, it may work out cheaper even with insurance added into it than rebuilding a high-power 4A-GE.

Cheers, Yves.

looks interesting

yvan- sorry, meant to mention, the conversion i would go for is the

4A-GE 20V not the normal 16v. i think i can get the engine for under £1000 so will just be the cost on top fo that.

Andy: u said urs went up to group 16 insurance. is the conversion i'm after gonna be chaper? ideally i'm looking at group 12 or under

ed

There's someone in Holland that has done a 20 valve conversion, he seemed quite happy with it. He had the engine from a frontcut from Japan, so he had loom and ECU aswell as bigger front brakes to swap to his car. I can't remember if it was the blacktop or the silvertop he got. I'll see if I can find some more on it.

Cheers, Yves.

20v conversion should be fairly straight forward as its from the same engine family. only the wiring will need real modification.

however it may be worth contacting some insurance companies that deal with modified cars (adrian flux is good) to get quotes on various engine conversions there may not be too much difference between a GZE and a 20v. remember that if you are a gold member there are some insurance companies offering discounts.

would say 3S-GTE but may make insurance a prob although the rolla only costs me £800 fully comp and agreed value.

cheers

lee

any one know if it is possible to stick a lexus gs300 engine in a cilica cos there both toyotas or any other toyotas u cud stick that engine in soz to go off topic

• 1 year later...

Hey, im kind of in the same pickle, i've got an AE92, and got a really good offer on a 3SGTE. But since i will be doing everything myself, the work ill have to put into the project to fit the 3S will be too much and posibbly way more costly than just fitting my original plan, which is a 4AGZE. As far as i understand this conversion is very simple. Correct me if im wrong, but is it a strait bolt in?

My advice to you will be to do the same, either the 20V or the GZE. I am having a hard time deciding on which engine to go with since so many people have different views on both.

Maby some professional advice will set us going.

Bless

Hey, im kind of in the same pickle, i've got an AE92, and got a really good offer on a 3SGTE. But since i will be doing everything myself, the work ill have to put into the project to fit the 3S will be too much and posibbly way more costly than just fitting my original plan, which is a 4AGZE. As far as i understand this conversion is very simple. Correct me if im wrong, but is it a strait bolt in?

My advice to you will be to do the same, either the 20V or the GZE. I am having a hard time deciding on which engine to go with since so many people have different views on both.

Maby some professional advice will set us going.

Bless

:lol: this post is over 2 years old and corollasr now drives an pug 206 :lol:

If you want advice on an engine conversion in a corolla start a new post in the corolla section there are enough of us that have done conversions to give you some info mate :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links