Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Polystyrene

Charlies Angel

Baby skin was a gold thread I think.

My sis is diabetic, with a thyroid disorder, as such she is always hungry, the two conditions fight each other all the time, diabetes says don't eat your sugar is too high thyroid says feeeeeeed me feeeeed me now!!

She tried a diet where she cut out all root veggies, she could eat lots of meat and normal veggies , oh yeah no bread either, she lost a good bit of wieght, only down side is the amount of time in preperation, no tv dinners for her, up side is she feels great with loads of energy :yes:

The higher protein diets do work to reduce overal fat content but they must be combined with a decent level of exercise, the trouble is the hidden calories, even stuff like low fat yoghurts have massive amounts of sugar in them.

Some low fat foods have a higher or similar calorie count to normal products, crazy.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GT4 BOOSTER

• ~Rach~

• CraigT

• Rookey

find the time to exercise and eat well , and ur diet time will half , not easy i know in todays lifestyle , but just try is all u can do.also it takes at least 9 months to a year to get results so dont give up.

I've been trying to start a diet for months now. Who knows, maybe I'll start today. I haven't had breakfast yet, so I'm doing well so far!

for rapid fat loss try xenadrine or hydroxycut

http://www.herbalfusion.co.uk/index.php?cPath=24

any with ephidrine work better , its pure adrenaline in a pill , raises the body temp 2 degrees and makes fat burning easier , even while you sleep.also you lose your appetite , a speedy way and much easier than diets .expensive yes but they do work.

my gf would have to be a size 4 i think, she told me that last time, and shes lost weight since then... freaking tiny.

thing is, she still thinks she could lose some around here, and htere, and bladie bladie bla.

freaking females, think they are so fat, imagine if the fellows around here had compex's like that!, we would never have time for our cars!.

instead we see imperfections in what we do, eg, fix car, not right, make it right :D.

and if thats ur foto in the very first avitar, you dont need to lose weight... trust me :)

Hmmmm..... diets... its -that- word again.... people shouldnt 'diet' they should just alter their lifestyle... going on a diet to lose weight, only to go back to eating 'normally' again is a waste of time. Its a bit like putting petrol in your car.... a £10s worth will get you a little way... but unless you keep filling it up regularly you aint gonna get very far ;) know what i mean?

Excercise and healthy eating.... I am trying to stick to the less than 5% fat rule (as this doesnt limit your choice too much)... and above all else?... Time and Self Discipline....

No.... you dont want that chocolate bar...

Yes... you do want to go swimming after work :P

Just dont give up... Rach and I have our deal... we will do it eh Rach? ;) hehe

for rapid fat loss try xenadrine or hydroxycut

http://www.herbalfusion.co.uk/index.php?cPath=24

any with ephidrine work better , its pure adrenaline in a pill , raises the body temp 2 degrees and makes fat burning easier , even while you sleep.also you lose your appetite , a speedy way and much easier than diets .expensive yes but they do work.

isnt using pills for weight loss risky? ive toyed with the idea but never had the bottle to do it, my job has me sitting on my ***** all day and im slowly gaining weight, was running all over in my last job and never had this problem

dont listen to that - the atkins diet has been proven to create health problems.

My mum and dad seem fine??? I'd like 2 see this evidence! <_<

well houston if you dont try them you'll never know will you , i know a guy who lost 3 stones in 6 months taking these. as long as you take vitamin and mineral supplements you'll be fine

dont listen to that - the atkins diet has been proven to create health problems.

My mum and dad seem fine??? I'd like 2 see this evidence! <_<

Well the guy that created the diet died of a heart attack......

They say its ok to do it for 2wks but no longer than that or u risk long term damage. I cant do it tho due to heart probs already in the family

what kind of supplements? i think im gonna give it a shot. just gonna get the 50 capsules that way if i keel over i havent wasted my money :D

what the diet pills on eBay are they the same thing, they seem to be cheaper....

And are they dangerous with excerise becuase i do like to do some now and again :D

secret to diet is stop eating carbohydrates which = calories and eat lots of meats and fish ,milk protein drinks ,all with as much salad you can stomach

:lol: muppet

carbs and protein have the same calorific value! 3.9 and 3.6 respectively - but both considered 4 calories per gram. fat is 9 calories per gram. alcohol is often considered 6 calories per gram.

carbs make your muscle hold water - so starving your body of carbs lead to a flatter appearance, less weight on the scales, and a dangerous state for your body to be in - starve your brain of carbs for a week and you will become delusional, and in some cases psychotic.

the only way to lose weight is to consume less calories than your body uses - FACT.

the best way of doing this is to eat regular small meals - 6 a day, and exercise.

you can lose weight eating junk food by following this rule but your body would probably increase its fat content - or at the very least, not lose fat.

you want to increase lean body mass (muscle) and lose fat. - remember, muscle weighs more than fat so dont just rely on the weighing scales, use the mirror and sensible judgement too - as you could end up weighing more, or the same, after a year of super dieting and exercise (for example), but still have infinitely less bodyfat than you did previously. :thumbsup:

you could try a food non-combining style way of eating where one meal would be a protein only meal, the next carbs only, as your stomachs' digestive enzymes prefer to work on one type of food source at a time - thus making the digestive system more efficient. - boring meal time though!

a good healthy (average) percentage of bodyfat is about 17% for an active male, and about 22% for an active female - anything lower than 4% for either s*x is verging on dangerous, as your internal organs need fat around 'em to work properly. a lot of pro bodybuilders and athletes get to this level at competition time, but soon bulk back up - to stay alive!

so speaks Dr. Davo - ah thankyou :D

dont listen to that - the atkins diet has been proven to create health problems. And as good as it is for rapid weight loss, the moment you start eating carbs again, the weight will go back on!

Where has it been proven to cause problems?

As far as i know...people only blame this diet because they end up just putting all the weight back on after they come off it, truth is, if you go on the Atkins diet, you never really come off most people think its just the first 2 weeks!lol

The first 2 weeks are very hard eating pretty much cheese, and meat :blink:

After those 2 weeks, you go on to a healthy diet still keeping "tame" the habits of mcdonalds etc...

Although, I MAY be completely wrong, but i did the atkins about 1 yr ago and lost about 1.5 st and i havent put it back on, very happy.

All in all, Atkins is said to not just be a short way to losing weight, its meant to be (for lack of a better term) a way of life...

I am of course open to corrections though! (open minded me :) Just thought i'd try and help!)

Dave!

If you do the atkins diet for more than 2wks, it can badly affect you. If you do it for the long term you increase your cholesterol etc and increase the risk of heart problems etc. Sorry, but I was told that by my GP, and a dietician and a heart consultant.

The You are what you eat diet isnt really a diet, its purely healthy eating, which is the best way to loose weight and keep it off healthly

Sorry, but I was told that by my GP, and a dietician and a heart consultant.

Gots ta trust 'em professional ones eh! lol

If i'd have carried it on then i might have died :unsure::blink:

Lucky to be alive - new appreciation for life now! :)

Dave!

heres a good fat burner for those sat at a desk its hard work and im red hot now,

tense your stomach muscles and keep them tensed until you cant any longer, rest for a little and carry on, its hurts but it helps a lot!its like a mini work out at your desk, also tense butt cheeks too ladies!

Feel The burn

They werent saying you would die, but it increases risks of problems. Its like saying u wont die of smoking, but you are at higher risk of problems......... :rolleyes:

Yeah it true, healthy eating as dull as it may sound is the best way. Be aware of what you are eating.

I have been ona diet for just over two months, purely for health purposes, not to loose weight, however due to the drastic nature of the diet I have lost weight. It has made me aware of th amount of crap that is in food that I would normally eat without thinking about it. The amount of added sugar and salt is scary high in foods we buy.

Due to the things I can't have I cant have any packaged foods at all, everything fresh, veg, fish etc. I would suggest thinking about this sort of thing, as this is bound to help, simple things like tomato sauce, like for spag bol, full of sugar and salt, easy to make your own, healthier,, and bound to loose weight gradually, which is the best way to do it.

Remember if you havn't made it from scratch you are unlikely to be 100% aware of its contents, fat and calories are not the only thing to think of, other things such as salt, sugar and preservatives have an effect and by cutting down on these and in turn becoming more healthy your body can function more as it is intended, weight loss can then follow.

Food Combining is suposed to work, but its stonking hard!

Good luck :D

Talking about dieting, my dad lost about 4 stone on the atkins after being on it over a year... he came off and it flew back on.. he now does weight watchers, and he has lost it all plus more again.

Weight watchers is simple, every food has a value ("points") and you can work out what you should be eating due to your body mass and eat that much or less. exercise earms you more "points".

AS was said above. Eat less then your body burns up and you will lose weight, east more and your body stores it.

Eat regularly, erratic eating habits make your body store anything it can as its not sure when its next getting food!!! A healthy breakfast kickstarts the metabolism... try not to eat just before you go to bed... follow these rules and weight loss is enevitable ;)

By the way that is her in the avatar pic, in my mr2 :lol::lol:

Got to go now. brunch calls :thumbsup:

You have to find out what works best for you.

If you allready eat healthy things then just try cutting out about 500 calories a day.

This is a proven and reliable way of losing weight.

Get some light exercise. Walking half an hour a day will burn at least 250 calories.

I have cut down on bread. I now use 'Wraps' instead.

I do a lot of running and weights and i can tell that i have lost fat around my waist since i gave up bread.

Also, a Chunky Kit Kat has about 350 calories in it.

This equates to about half an hours running.

I know what i'd rather do.

Hope some of this helps. :thumbsup:

yep thats me in the pic!!!

have been eating egg based brekkies in the morning, normally an omlette or scrambled eggs, ive cut out all my snacks :angry:

no more pringles, do-nuts, crisps, biscuits, it sucks!!!!!

no full body pics i'm afraid!!!!!!!

you should aim to lose 2lbs a week. if u lose anymore than this it will come back!

the atkins is bad, on many levels, and the long term affect on your colon is not nice!

but to address some of my previous comments and the actual title of this thread - dont eat the polystyrene! most dieters fail cos they suddenly change their eating habits, and the food they eat, and your body doesnt like this - never mind your state of mind.

start by eating less of what you already eat, ie 2 burgers instead of 3, 1 chocolate bar instead of 2.

try calorie counting too, you will be amazed at how many u consume.

treat your diet as a weekly thing, not a daily thing.

you need to consume 3600 calories less than your body uses - to burn 1lb of fat.

work out your average consumption on a daily/weekly basis, and look at reducing this number by 3600.

you could plan a binge day ie a sunday, and eat less for 2 days (for example) to make way for the binge day.

treat the calorie intake as a weekly figure, and work to this - even if the majority of those calories are eaten on the sunday.

short term - however, doing this, you will hold some water and not appear to lose any weight, but over a matter of weeks as your body adjusts, the weight will come off.

and exercise, to hold onto lean body mass, and to speed up your metabolic rate.

an athlete burns more calories sat on the couch than a couch potato does because of the body's heightened metabolic rate.

hth :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links