Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gear Knobs

TommyC

OK hey guys i'm new to all this Yaris malarkey and need some very simple advice:

I just got my first Yaris (cheers dad!) and i've just started thinking about small modifications that i can start out with. The gear knob is dull and grey, so being a very simple modification i would like to change it. Now, here's the thing (listen carefully people ;) )... i've spotted a cool "Momo crystal" gear knob that has the screw-on fitment. However, i noticed when i unscrewed the Toyota gear knob that the actual "knob" has about a half-inch overhang at the base before it reaches the screw thread...ie it covers the upper part of the gear stalk.

eek im jabbering... basically if i bought the momo screw-on fitment gear knob will it look the same as the standard yaris knob or will it look stupidly raised up?

How has everyone else done it?

we have got a flashing gear knob and it took 2mins to fit it just screwed on and the other massive one just twisted off looks good at night aswell when lit up

lol!!

i have a universal, at first i hadta put tape around the actual gear stick before puttin different get knob on, to thicken it up, then i placed it on, and i got little screws that went into the bottom sides, so i screwed in so it was tight, and i got a silver thing which screws round of bottom of gear knob to hide screws!

:D

buy it, ul fit it using good techniques like that :D

Think Jaxx has Tom's 1's 4 sale in the for sale section, think they fit a Yaris and they look good! :thumbsup:

aye propa TOMs ones for sale here!

good addition for the Yaris is the t-sport knob and gaiter as they look spot on for std stuff

t sport one has the centre section painted dont it rob? i jus painted me standard one, i have a D.E. carbon look one (cheers rob, but there now rotting in my cupboard)lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links