Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo Wont Work! Hellllp

swales_p

Hello all, can someone please help. ive just drove home and when i was in 1st gear put me foot down - i like the part when the turbo kicks in, then suddenly the car shudderd forward and now when i got to put my foot down you can still hear the turbo but nothing happens!!!

Is it nakkrd!!!! - the car hasnt done many miles at all and i have a turbo timer fitted - it was on when i bought the car. Is there a simple way to fix this or does it sound like it errrm sh@gd!!!

cheers :thumbsup:

take the turbo inlet pipe off and reach in with your fingers , if the turbine has no play , its fine , but if its wobbling or has any lateral movement , chances are its <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed.do this with the engine off :ffs: you knew that anyways lol. :thumbsup:

i have had my turbo rebuilt twice on my car and the second time it went it was still boosting to 0.5 bar boost but wouldn't go past that then it would gradually drop and there wasn't any spool up noise but after driving the car when you stopped at a junction blue smoke would come out

Blue smoke is definately oil, but swales_p didn't say anything about smoke!

Reaching into the turbo will only tell you if the main spindle bearing is ok. Play on this and you'll definately know about it. I've just replaced my turbo because of this and it screams like a !Removed!. It'll also be down on boost, but it WILL boost, even though it will be at a reduced rate.

Your problem sounds like it could be something to do with the actuator or a dodgy sensor. I'd check with either Jesus or Bibbs. These guys know a fair bit about the mechanics of how the turbo works.

HTH. :thumbsup:

yeah i had blue smoke when my turbo went for the second time and as soon as it was fixed it doesn't smoke at all but if its not chucking out any smoke then you might be ok best thing to do is take it to someone who knows what they are doing because i don't really know anything about turbos

it was my first turbo car

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links