Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has This Happend To Anyone?

swales_p

I was driving home 2day from work when my turbo decided to stop working. I'd been using the turbo to the full all the way home (i was being safe by the way! i dont race etc etc).

Anyway, i came into my estate and on pulling out of a junction, in 1st gear, i put the throttle to the floor only for the turbo to kick in then suddenly the car had no turbo power what so ever!! When i tried to use the turbo after that, i could hear the turbo start to spool up only for nothing to happen.

After this happend i posted a topic on this forum BUT when i went back to my car the turbo is running now better than it ever has. Weird ey!!!

Any ideas what happend? Cheers :thumbsup:

Hmmm.... sounds like an obstruction just cleared itself. Question is, where did it go? If it went in the inlet.....

Your sha66ed!

Hope it's not for your sake dude.

Would the car be running as sweet if the blockage went into the inlet? Its going into a garage to get looked over BUT its running really well at the mo.

Is there any cleaner that you can buy which you put into ur fuel tank so that it cleans the system out. OR is this not worth it.

cheers :thumbsup:

I'd get the car looked at anyway dude. Just to be sure. If whatever got ingested into your engine starts going for a walk, it could turn out quite expensive!

As for cleaners.... well there's the old STP treatment, but it's no good for turbo's.

Better safe than sorry eh? :thumbsup:

Cheers bud, im kinda bricking it now so im going to take it down to me fav garage in Saltburn and let them have a look. The owner has a Toyota GT-4 (i think thats the correct name!!) and regulary services etc etc the car so he should have a sound knowledge of the engine seeing as there practically, if not exactly the same. :thumbsup:

maybe an intercooler pipe got disconnected and its all going into the atmosphere....mine did that twice already mate...just put the piping back together and u'll feel thee turbo again !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links