Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Type

Radtoy

I know my TS should be running on 5w 30 oil but i am due a service so i'm going to get some fresh oil, in this case it will be Comma fully synthetic. (cus i can get it cheap)

Anyone use fully synth in their yaris? or is semi synth ok for it?

Any other makes preferable to comma?

I do plenty of miles so dont really want to go putting normal garage crap in it! :thumbsup:

you can use the following for the TS

cold climate 5W/30

moderate climate 10W/30 or 5W/40

hot climate 20W/50

What oil weight is the Comma oil you want to use?

I use Castrol RS 0W-40 (full synthetic) in the Yaris, I can get it at a good price and never had any problem with their products.

The 5W-30 that is being stated for most modern engines has actually more to do with manufacturers being able to meet emission regulations better more than anything else.

Cheers, Yves.

yvan, it will be 10w 40 it is very popular on a vast range of modern cars in this country, will this be detrimental to a VVT-i?

i've used it in my VW's and also in a few Zetecs but not sure on the VVT-I getting bunged up!

No problem there, as usual when cold give the engine time to come to temperature before giving it some.

oh, and when you change oil also use a new filter, some oils don't like being intermixed very much, better safe than sorry.

Cheers, Yves.

I use the Castrol fully synth 10-40W... the expensive stuff with claimed power gains etc... it's pretty good!

I change the oil every 4000 miles just because the car gets some serious stick, and it's definitely made a difference in acceleration... I tested similar stuff in some bikes, back to back on a dyno, and the difference was like 5bhp more per 100!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links