Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Bring Bad And Confused News

jaxx

right then guys!! bit of a 'Trisha' here

some of you know im stuck in a rut over what to do with 'Elanor' in terms of going crazy and if its actually worth it...

ive got the bodywork pretty much sorted these days and theres only minor additions i would concider to once again improve such aspects.

so my thoughts are now turned to the tuning and engine department.

now then i have looked into turbo charging the exisiting engine. and i have found various ways i can do this. but i also have to think about the finer details. this meaning things like uprated internals are needed (as id want it done right), transmition upgrades and brake upgrades would definately be in order, and WITHOUT fail! basically to do what i want to do i will be spending an extreme amount of money to possibly get a max of 200bhp and with all the ancillaries :eek:

for alot of money thats not much! ok so the cars light, but i can still do better

another thing to concider is the engine conversion to the 3SGTE. brilliant idea as the engine itself, regarding the revision, will be as much as the turbo kit alone for the yaris! and it also comes ready with all necessary transmition parts! but itll be a total pain to transplant such an engine into the yaris! the complications would be endless as far as im concerned! (mainly to do with the electronics!)

my main problem is im craving more power and in particular turbo power! :rolleyes: as if thats not evident!

and even though the yaris has won a few awards and can easily be sent on to be a fully blown show car with all this mods............is it really worth it??

for the money i could spend on making the yaris quick i can buy a rather sweet MR2 turbo!

so i may aswell just start with a fast car and save all the hassle! plus i love MR2s!

so it may look like she maybe up for sale in the future :( dont get me wrong i do love it to bits but i doubt itll ever live up to expectation without going bankrupt!

:!Removed!: :help::crybaby:

here me now

a bogle bogle bumble squat

kiss ma teef!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaxx

• Richard K

• Crisis

• Bibbs

Top Posters In This Topic

lickle bit a rice an peeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

get a 2 mate, the yaris is awesome but it is time,

make ya feel better!!! :thumbsup:

Buy an MR2 mate :thumbsup:

All the money I have spent on my car I could have brought a new one :wacko::wacko: which would have been faster anyway :lol:

But... you do end up with something a little bit special at the end of it ;) it's just lot of work and MONEY but it can be worth it the end it's just takes a while to get there :lol::lol:

get a 2 mate, the yaris is awesome but it is time,

sounds like the monkey off the lion king :lol:

i know itll become something special

but itll never be as good as other std cars in some caese :blink:

to be honest Rob... you'll spend a fortune on the Yaris tuning it, and it will be money you will never see again.. and of course, you will keep spending more and more.. as for all the power you squeeze out, it will just leave you wanting more.

You would be better off just taking the plunge and getting the MR2 turbo, after all, thats what you really want, and it would be cheaper, less stressful, and easier in the long run, just to take Elanor back to standard, sell her mods, and treat yourself to the car you really want ;)

Go for the '2', then when you spend a shedload on that, get bored, buy a Supra...then..

:unsure:

and then what?!! i havent worked that out yet... does anyone know?!! :huh:

Go for the '2', then when you spend a shedload on that, get bored, buy a Supra...then..

:unsure:

and then what?!! i havent worked that out yet... does anyone know?!! :huh:

thats when you start looking at TVR's ;)

Elanor back to standard! Thats some scary stuff.

I would love to buy a T-Sport, but I know I would want more power all the time. Thats why Im always contemplating...

Buy Yaris... Buy something sporty... buy another fast car. My main problem is insurance still but I want speed now not in like another 5 years!

I'd love a Celica, the one with the round lights at the front, or a Seat Ibiza, I want something rare that you dont see many with modifications on. Thats the problem, love the C2, but its just gonna be as common as the Saxo in a few years time (its also faster than the Yaris) I like the Seat Ibiza, its fast but its also a bit of a common car to do things to.

I need speed, I need cheap, I need rare, I need style.

I dont need to much do I. Its all about weighing it all up. I mean Jaxx you may want more speed once you have had an MR2 for a few years. You may not see that now, but everyone loves speed and wants to be the fastest!

I want "above average" acceleration 0-60. But what is that these days? Got a Max Power Mag here, some cars with 0-60 of about 10sec, others 5 and 6 and their Saxos and **** I know they have had major engine tuning but I wouldn't want to have a good lookin car that can be beatin by everyone else on the road. I just find it embarrasing. Im not a speed freak, I dont go 100mph! But I do like to be able to overtake when I can, have some fun and take the lead.

If you have read ALL that I feel sorry for you as I witter on about me and my views. But thats my 2p, well probably my 25p with all that.

if it is purely the performance aspect go with the MR2 if however you like knowing you have a unique motor and take pride in that then sod it and do the yaris :)

TarikB

Hi Rob,

Got the feelin' you're like a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place there.

While I love my little Yaris and I'm 110 percent certain you love your beautiful Elanor just as much we'll both agree that they're not horsepower spittin' monsters and without large amounts of dough and hard work they never will be. I have tasted (and more) on more than one occasion what it means to have a huge amount of smooth on tap power at the tip of your foot and can certainly understand your desire for it. Follow your heart, and leave a little room for common sense when you've done so, is the only thing I could possibly say.

I hope Elanor's next owner will be as lovin' and carin' towards her as you have been.

Follow your heart mate :thumbsup:

(and don't forget about us poor lot, will you :lol: )

Cheers, Yves.

awww thats a bummer....

A yaris with a 3S would have been well sweet... and not to mention would have defo been in mags etc...

If i had money i would do it coz its a sleeper.... ;)

oh... and if you get a mr2, you know youll spend money on that..... so ethier way, you gonna spend monies! :P

i could never diss the yaris lot Yves! :lol:

dont worry ill still be a hard up TOC'er! just be an MR2 owner! :P

dont worry ill still be a hard up TOC'er! just be an MR2 owner! :P

Rob, Jerry, Nizan...the list goes on...

F :censor: k it, im off to buy a saxo

hi Jaxx, sounds like you have made your mind up,

personally, i would love to get a car thats a lot faster than the yaris which make people think twince to challenging you :) but it isnt ma style i.e its a car which you cant but help but boast and be vain about,

and because of this when you think of MR2's and most other sports cars and there drivers what you think of ?? :blink:

My example is, i used to like leds on cars, **** i had them on ma car back in the day, but seeing other people with them on you cant help but think waa nker neds. I dont want people to think that about ma car cause it aint origianl thats why there off

I think if i had the cash and time, try the yaris and make reach a new platform, a new level of its own, cause like everyone else is saying, when you get the MR2 you will have this same problem in a few years.

I dont know about you but i like being the underdog and making people think ma cars got no punch to it, which they take back when i give them a sweet uppercut to the face! :thumbsup:

All i can say is, yeah MR2 is a very good option, but its a option already been taken by many before.

Be individual and orginal cause the MR2 will still be there later on,

but when you get rid of Elanor shes gone for good :(

i've done my yaris up a bit now and people are still of the opinion that its a somewhat girly little car which it is! Considering they lose value in T sport trim at an alarming rate I agree, get an MR2!

i would also be piloting either an MR2 or something equally as fast if it wasnt for the miles i do where it would kill me in petrol costs

that got me thinking, anyone want to buy my T sport! :thumbsup: lol just messing, its far to girly for a 6ft 2 17 stone bloke like me to be driving :D

Crisis!

buy my car! :lol:

Will do if its around say... March 2006? I'l have 2 yrs no claim then.

I dont really see the Yaris as a girls car, the beatle is, it has a !Removed! plant pot in it for ***** sake! :lol:

But its not a common car, well not overly common.

On the "doing up" scene its a rare item. All people do up are Pugs, Vauxhalls and Fords with the odd Fiat and BMW. Other cars are just company show off cars like Honda Civics and Supras, not many everyday people own one.

The Yaris is a nice, little car, it has what I see great speed for the engine size, fantastic MPG and isn't to ugly to start with. On top of all of that its a Toyota, Japanese the best buildt cars. VW used to be their with them, German was good, but they are going down hill now.

Everything is going to "Japanese" tuning... so what better to own than a jap built machine?

The Yaris, its special, its quite cheap (Insurance Group 7!!!! Ahhh Quality) its what I see as an untapped rare resource of a nice car that not many people do much to, so its a unique sight.

A quote from Max Power: "If you done this [bodykit, wheels, suspension usaul bits and pieces] to a Corsa it would look standard".

Why do people "change/modifiy" cars? To stand out, to be different, to be recognised. Why bother doing it to a car where 1000z are already their? You'll spend £1000s and still blend in with others. But the Yaris, you'll blend in with very few.

Im just praising what is an excellent car, from an excellent manufacturer.

Jaxx, by all means do what you want. But like fazzy said, once she is gone, she is gone for good :crybaby:

But then, its been fun hasn't it? You have to stop somewhere. Eventually. Just make sure you make the right decision for the next car once you have stopped.

And.... Im done :thumbsup:

LOL .. but then your cash will be spent modding the '2 :lol:

well if anyone wants to buy mine in a few months :D - just gotta get the SAFC II in and get it tuned proper @ Millway .. then it's Germany.

After that .. I may concider selling ;)

Rob.....

win the lottery keep Elanor... buy MR2 Tubby

*nods...

nuff said! :P

but if for some strange reason you dont win.... well... a lot of love has gone into that little car.. and you will forever have those memories / piccies / vids etc....

I too never want to get rid of little Yaz... but to get my MR2 I reckon im gonna have to... its sad.. its true what they say about the Yaris 'you could love it too much' :yes::yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links