Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Bring Bad And Confused News

jaxx

Arg!

I just posted a new topic which basically stems from the same reasons Jaxx has mentioned in this one. Unfortuantly I am only 19, but looking at 1 years NCB @ 20 very soon. Not much, and I really should wait till I'm 21, but I need power!

I don't speed (often) although I do make full use of the speed limit. But after being in some nippy cars there just isn't enough oomph through the whole rev range - it needs more overtaking power! And from what I've read there isn't much tuning potential in the Yaris :( without spending a lot of money.

Since I was a kid I've always loved the MR2, and the quad light Celica's are growing on me very quick. I am tempted to get a new car next year! But because of my age I'm guessing I will have to wait until I am at least 21...

Arg!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaxx

• Richard K

• Crisis

• Bibbs

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want speed jaxx in the yaris you need to strip it out, put 15's on it

and then spend £6,000 on the whole turbo conversion, including buying the turbo, ECU, labour and INTERNALS.

how much does an MR2 weigh?

the yaris would have about 210 bhp/tonne ! maybe more

your in EVO territory there.

the Mk2 MR2 turbo weighs in at over 1400kg I believe .. hence half the knick name "tubby" ..

But it's fairly easy to get close to 300bhp with the basics on the older cars (and over 300 on the latter) ..

But the MR2 is so much more than about power .. if you just want pub bhp boasting rights, get a supra .. the MR2 is all about driving .. I've managed to scare Leeky (supra owner) by taking corners and accelerating (usually both at the same time) in the MR2 that he says he'd be worried about in the Supra ..

Not dissing the Yaris, but it'll never be a "sports" car .. but on the other hand, the MR2 is a 20 year old design with it's limitations.

Pays your money, takes your choice.

I dont really see the Yaris as a girls car,

Oh it so is a Girls car much more than you think...... :lol:

Okay well would you call...

A VW Polo a girls car? Some people say the Polo is the womens version of the golf.

Why would you say its a girls car then? What would be a guys car (A guys Japenese built/made small car that is)

Okay well would you call...

A VW Polo a girls car?

What would be a guys car (A guys Japenese built/made small car that is)

Polo = GIRLS CAR :thumbsup:

MR2 with added Turbo if desired = SMALL JAP UNISEX MOTOR :thumbsup:

Thx, im a gal den. Lol.

Still T-Sport all the way looking wise though...

A black modified T-Sport (Yaris WRC style) aint for no gals.

Jax - Sounds like an open and shut case. No doubt Eleanor with your ideas for the engine mod would be an awesome and unique vehicle, but it is going to cost you and you will get rid of it in the end which to me seems like a waste of money.

You so obvously want an MR2 and if Mr.Bibbs is seriously getting rid of his motor I guess that would be a good start for you to work on(no offence Bibbs but I would imagine Jax would want to add his personal touch)

So I suggest you get all the pics of the Yaris you want for the photo albums, take her on a nice cruise and move on.

This is only my opinion after reading your comments and only you can decide what direction you go in.

I am sure whatever you decide the results will be awesome - good luck.

I have to agree with Jaxx :)

But I think that was because the later celica's (1990 onwards) got onto the company car list (with the exception of the GT4's of course).

Nah that's MX-5's.

But mines classed as an old peoples car, like the previous shape honda civics 3drs. I have to admit, on the motorway what's in the middle lane? A corolla with retired couple in it who don't like changing lanes. :)

Ah, face the facts boys :lol: .............You all want bigger, faster, sexier cars than the Yaris (even a T Sport)..........So admit it and trade up.... :lol::lol::lol:

Radtoy, if your 6'2", I'd better go see if I can fit in a yaris. the last time was many years ago.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links