Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Performance Mods

s0cks

Hey guys,

I've been travelling a lot in some nippy cars. The new MR2 and my mates Rover 218Vi and I'm feeling that lack of oomph :( Today I even raced a Mini One for a little bit (just a straight dual carridgeway) and lost! It wasn't by much but he did breeze past, only to annoy me by seeing a One Badge on the back.

It just got me thinking irrationaly. There is always a LOT of talk about suspension, brakes, and the odd inductionkit and exhaust topic thrown in. But are there anyother substancial mods to improve the performance of the vehicle other than a turbo.

I was thinking ECU remap/addon kind of thing? Hmmm.. maybe I'm just asking too muc hfrom my car. I love it to bits but it just hasn't got enough oomph factor. Maybe the engine is already tuned to the max.

Hi s0cks

Well basically if you want the most out of your car mate you have got to get a induction kit . Performance exhaust. And exhaust headers EG manifold. Remove the cat so that it's straight through. That will take care of the breathing part. That alone should take you near the 120bhp mark :thumbsup:

Then if that not enough for you then you will be looking into ECU remap or a performance chip. Now you are talking big bucks there mate. Race cam's so that the car will rev up better and accelerate quicker. I mean at the end of the day how much money do you want to spend. And i have got to be honest mate. The yaris is short on the performance engine mod's :crybaby: Now if you have a saxo :eek: Endless tuning parts :o

jerry!!

Thanks Jerry,

Thats the downer, it seems like there isn't that much tuning potential compared to a lot of other cars. Although I would never buy anything french!

Dilema's!

Hi s0cks

Well you see thats seems to be the problem with everyone on this site. The truth is that the yaris is kinda still new to the tuning world and has yet to be recognised yet as a serious contender to the likes of a corsa and saxo in the tuning world. But hey now if you have a civic you wouldn't know where to start mate.

Perhaps next year there will be more tunning parts available for the yaris. Until then you will have to sit tight. Well there always a turbo. But the money you will have to pay out mate. I really dont know if it would be worth it mate. Your kinda looking at around £3,000 mark maybe less or more. For a custom turbo kit :eek:

jerry!!

Well I guess we'll see! I will mod what I can afford as I am going to have to keep it for at least another year and a bit until i'm 21. Otherwise everything is just too expensive!

Its a lovely little motor tho! Oh and I've read (from another post) that the throttle body on the pre-facelift models can be tuned to give you 15% more air as toyota only set it to open around 75% as standard???

there is a turbo kit for the yaris on the market... it's around 1500 pounds and it includes headers, MMC turbo set at 7psi,induction kit, high flow cat and a piggyback computer... add an intercooler and and decent exhaust and your'e looking at some nice power gain...

there is also a compressor kit available from TTE that gets you 140bhp and 190Nm of torque but I think it's a bit expensive...

s0cks u have a backbox rite? If u want more power 4 mucho cheapness get someone to build u a system from the cat-back like powerflow cos it would be worth it! If ur after acceleration i think there may be a lightened flywheel out there somewhere! U could also get ported and polished heads! :thumbsup:

Good luck anyway mate! :thumbsup:

Cheers Ryan...

I was thinking about powerflow to finish off the exhaust system and help it breathe better underneath.

There is also a lightened flywheel on tuneacar website. I also need an induction kit and cold air feed. The turbo/superchargeer is just too expensive atm.

Alas, I need the money first so I think it'll have to wait till after crimbo.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links